Does internet matter?

Ninja Chachi

Solid State Member
Hi everyone- I was just playing Call of Duty on my computer and I have the graphics as low as it gets and it still lags like a beast. I dont have a great computer,

SPECS: Operating System: Windows Vistaâ„¢ Home Premium
System Manufacturer: Compaq-Presario
System Model: GC667AA-ABA SR5130NX
BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+ (2 CPUs), ~2.0GHz
Memory: 894MB RAM

Graphics Card:Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430
Display Memory: 313 MB
Dedicated Memory: 122 MB
Shared Memory: 191 MB

and I also dont have great internet
1344642459.png

So I was wondering if I keep the same internet and got a new computer would I be able to have the graphics higher and so it barely lags?

Also I hope to get a new computer soon and I don't want to spend much on it so what do you suggest I get?

If you're playing online it does matter. Lag's not only fps, it's also how high your ping is. Luckly your ping's fine, but your download speed might make connecting to servers slightly slower, but that shouldn't affect lag to much, maybe a hiccup here or there. the majority of lag for you is in terms of fps. If you got a better computer you would see a vast difference in terms of lag. Hope this answers your question.

Oh, and throw the vista out if you can, that's a resource hog on a computer that don't have much resources to begin with. I'd of thrown xp on that machine if i had the choice/

Ok yeah I heard that vista isn't good at all. I think I'm upgrading computers soon so I will get a Windows 7 and it should have alot better specs- what do you suggest I get?

Ok yeah I heard that vista isn't good at all. I think I'm upgrading computers soon so I will get a Windows 7 and it should have alot better specs- what do you suggest I get?

Do you mean in terms of hardware or which windows 7 to get? If it's the latter go with home premium, it'll be fine for almost anyone. You don't really get that much in ultimate that'd need you to pay that much.

Yeah I was thinking home premium, but yeah I was wondering what type of computer I should get for a good price. Thanks

This question would be best in the hardware section at this point. Make sure to tell people your budget, what you want to accomplish with the computer, and what you'll be doing the most on it.

Hi everyone- I was just playing Call of Duty on my computer and I have the graphics as low as it gets and it still lags like a beast. I dont have a great computer,

SPECS: Operating System: Windows Vistaâ„¢ Home Premium
System Manufacturer: Compaq-Presario
System Model: GC667AA-ABA SR5130NX
BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+ (2 CPUs), ~2.0GHz
Memory: 894MB RAM

Graphics Card:Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430
Display Memory: 313 MB
Dedicated Memory: 122 MB
Shared Memory: 191 MB

and I also dont have great internet
1344642459.png

So I was wondering if I keep the same internet and got a new computer would I be able to have the graphics higher and so it barely lags?

Also I hope to get a new computer soon and I don't want to spend much on it so what do you suggest I get?

Well, there's your problem(s)

You'll need a better gaming computer to stop it from lagging I'm afraid. Your RAM is tiny.

Back
Top Bottom