Go Back   Computer Forums > Gaming, Reviews, Handheld Devices | Classifieds > Gaming
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 09-03-2015, 04:29 AM   #1
In Runtime

Default Decent racing game

Hi, I'm looking for a decent PC racing game, I've always played racers on consoles in the past, some of the more recent-ish games I've really enjoyed, Gran Turismo 1-6, massive fan of the GT series, Need for Speed 2, V rally, Toca Touring cars, Forza (although I preferred GT), Grid.

Since upgrading my Graphics card, I'm looking for a new racing game, it needs to have the addiction/playability I think the GT series nailed so well, I'd also like to see some nice graphics, I've tried Project cars, I put the graphics up to nearly full, I was impressed by the visuals, it seems fun, but it just feels like something's missing.

Because nearly all the racing game's I've played have been on consoles, I'm a bit lacking in knowledge on the PC racing game department, thanks in advance

Corsair Carbide spec 3 * Gigabyte Socket 1151 * Intel I5 7600k 3.8ghz * 16gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2133mhz * Corsair CX750 * 2gb Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX 960 Strix * 1TB internal Samsung spinpoint * Windows 10 home
emperor76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 01:48 PM   #2
Fully Optimized

Default Re: Decent racing game

I still play need for speed hot pursuit... because I like drifting and bugatti veyron police cars :L

Old 09-03-2015, 03:24 PM   #3
Fully Optimized

What type of racing do you enjoy? The definition of a decent game depends on the gamer. I can hand you a list of games that I have played and enjoyed, but in the end that wont help you.
Old 09-03-2015, 04:07 PM   #4
In Runtime

Not tried that one yet, I Was looking at a newer one, although, I do also love older games

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using Computer Forums mobile app

---------- Post added at 03:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

I was basically looking for something similar to GT or Forza, but on pc, with good graphics, or a good rally game, again good graphics

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using Computer Forums mobile app
Corsair Carbide spec 3 * Gigabyte Socket 1151 * Intel I5 7600k 3.8ghz * 16gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2133mhz * Corsair CX750 * 2gb Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX 960 Strix * 1TB internal Samsung spinpoint * Windows 10 home
Old 09-03-2015, 04:09 PM   #5
Fully Optimized

Battle style, Nascar style, Arena Challenge style... and those are the basics of the types of racing games that I have played... It will help to narrow down what you are looking for if you at least give a type...
Old 09-04-2015, 03:16 AM   #6
In Runtime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draygoes View Post
Battle style, Nascar style, Arena Challenge style... and those are the basics of the types of racing games that I have played... It will help to narrow down what you are looking for if you at least give a type...
Not a big fan of Nascar, it gets boring pretty quickly, Battle style is pretty fun, I loved Rock & Roll racing on the Snes and Combat Cars on the Mega Drive, but not the sort of game I'm looking for, I've not separated them in to the categories you've listed above before, but using the process of elimination, I'm going to go with Arena Challenge style. All the games I listed a couple of posts ago, I've enjoyed, so if hey have a lot in common with them, I'll probably like it.
Old 09-04-2015, 04:15 PM   #7
Fully Optimized

Well, we are running out of racing games that do not fit the above, but I can at least recommend Twisted Metal, and . Those might be a bit different for you.
Old 09-05-2015, 12:39 AM   #8
Wizard of Wires

The vid is hysterical. I could get in to that game.
setishock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 04:31 AM   #9
Golden Master

Checkout the list on Steam Racing games on Steam. They always have a good special on a number of good racing titles. I quite liked the NFS Series on console. I've got NFS Undercover on Steam but haven't really played it much.
BK_123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 11:07 AM   #10
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by setishock View Post
The vid is hysterical. I could get in to that game.
When I can afford it, I plan to buy it.
That is pretty much the only way that you can get me to watch soccer!