Go Back   Computer Forums > Gaming, Reviews, Handheld Devices | Classifieds > Gaming
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 03-26-2011, 05:05 PM   #1
Daemon Poster

Default Crysis 2

Just picked this up. going to play for a bit then be back with thoughts...

detox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 10:28 AM   #2
Solid State Member

Default Re: Crysis 2

I also just got it but haven't played it yet.
Looked through the menu after installation, but I couldn't find any option for adjustment of graphics..just a simple one-click selection that I've set at 'Extreme'..hopefully my GTX570 should be able to handle it.

ranvir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 02:35 PM   #3
Daemon Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranvir View Post
I also just got it but haven't played it yet.
Looked through the menu after installation, but I couldn't find any option for adjustment of graphics..just a simple one-click selection that I've set at 'Extreme'..hopefully my GTX570 should be able to handle it.
im pretty sure your 570 will handle it with solid 60fps, it runs far smoother than Crysis does

Thats the one thing I hate most is the crappy limited graphic options, it doesnt even allow you to select AA ffs and other stuff which almost everything pc game has got, even Spore has got more diverse graphic options... I thought they would have respected pc gamers a little more
6950 flashed to 6970 Oc:880cpu 1300memory,2x2gb ddr3 1066,phenomII x4 955 3.2ghz,Tuniq hsf,750w psu,1tb f2 32mb 7200rpm,2tb f4 64mb 7200rpm,cyborg V7, cyborg V3, X-fi creative sounfblaster, Audiophile M-audio,Xclio-windtunnel,Tb7300 graphics tablet
madanchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 05:11 PM   #4
JCB
Daemon Poster

ive got this on the PS3 and I think this game is great. the first movie scene is great
Old 05-01-2011, 07:28 AM   #5
Solid State Member

I have this game.Nice!!!
vuk977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 01:51 PM   #6
Baseband Member

Not a fan of the sequel, the first game was much better. With it now on consoles it's been dumbed down and is just another generic shooter, the large open and lush environments in the first game is what made Crysis..Crysis. Crytek also upset a lot of PC gamers by lying and claiming the PC version was being developed separately from console and it wouldn't suffer from consolitis, it would be a different experience. Turns out, the PC version is one of the poorest ports that has a severe case of consolitis. Press start, limited graphics options, inability to tweak, lack of a console, aim assist all reeks of a terrible console port. Now Crysis is just another generic Call of Duty with a nano suit.
Xtreme2damax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 10:44 PM   #7
Solid State Member

I swear Crysis 2 is running better on my rig (yes the same one still ><) than the original did! Awesome game, but I'm really starting to get tired of these DRMs...
TheByteKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 09:33 PM   #8
Solid State Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheByteKnight View Post
I swear Crysis 2 is running better on my rig (yes the same one still ><) than the original did! Awesome game, but I'm really starting to get tired of these DRMs...
Like previously mentioned, it obtained consolitis. The textures are half the resolution of the first and the destroyable environment is non-existant.
GRAYgoose124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 09:46 PM   #9
In Runtime

Quote:
Originally Posted by madanchi View Post
im pretty sure your 570 will handle it with solid 60fps, it runs far smoother than Crysis does

Thats the one thing I hate most is the crappy limited graphic options, it doesnt even allow you to select AA ffs and other stuff which almost everything pc game has got, even Spore has got more diverse graphic options... I thought they would have respected pc gamers a little more
So use the third party one. You can change a ton of stuff since they added console by default, allowing you to change system settings. Remember, it's a console port, don't expect native support for this thing called graphical options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheByteKnight View Post
The original came out around 2007, this one around 2011 i mean 2005, whoops, 2011, what was i thinking when i said that? No wonder it plays better, it doesnlt require as demanding hardware. (:
krone6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 01:13 AM   #10
In Runtime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtreme2damax View Post
Not a fan of the sequel, the first game was much better. With it now on consoles it's been dumbed down and is just another generic shooter, the large open and lush environments in the first game is what made Crysis..Crysis. [...]
I agree, Crysis was quite a challenge for me, Crysis II seemed much easier. I like the graphics better in the first version. Still, I did enjoy the game.

Chipeater is offline   Reply With Quote