Connecting Xbox to All-In-One computer.

Xenthrawl

Beta member
I'm considering purchasing a Xbox 360 slim within the next coming days but was wondering if it's possible to connect the system to my Aspire Z Series All-In-One Touch PC ( Windows 7) and if so, what cords/devices would I need?

Welcome to CF!

The Xbox integrates quite nicely with your Windows Machine. Considering that you have Windows 7, it comes included with Media Center which connects to the Xbox over the network so you can access all your Media Center files straight from your Xbox. I forget the exact steps, but there's a connect to PC option with the Xbox setup and it will ask you for a verification code that Media Center will provide when attempting to connect. Is this what you were looking to do?

Thank you for the warm welcome iPwn and the extremely quick answer.
Basically, I just want to know if it's even possible xD D

If I was running a normal PC with tower/monitor setup I would have no issues with the connection of a gaming system ( XBOX, PS3, etc ) as there's tons of tutorials and how-to video's, blogs, but with me owning a "all-in-one" I'm finding it hard to come across a strait detailed answer. Does the video/audio input/output work the same on my system as any other computer.. does that "all in one" make any difference?

Shouldn't make a difference in the least. The only thing different about your computer, as far as I'm concerned, is your touchscreen monitor (Which I hear will be greatly more utilized in Windows 8)

Are you trying to more or less use the monitor to play your Xbox?

Yes, I don't want to move my TV into the room instead, use my computer as the "tv".
I guess im more concered about video/sound quality.

The quality will be fine if you can connect the Xbox to the system. I was assuming you were speaking of connecting another way, hence my earlier post about Media Center. If you have the peripherals to connect, then Quality won't be an issue. I, however, would scope out a game store and see what you would need to accomplish this and then compare the cabling to the connections on your all-in-one. I wasn't able to locate a specs list with all the connections listed.

Back
Top Bottom