Better gaming

Well, since it's a laptop, not too much. Looks like it has a hybrid drive, so you could switch to a full SSD. And depending on which option you bought, you may be able to double the ram. aside from that, just disabling any crapware asus put on it and reducing the number of non-essential programs on startup.

Depending on the original config, you might be able to just add in an ssd since it comes with two slots. if you put your games and server on that, it might help speed things up. i know having skyrim on ssd makes the load times almost disappear, I couldn't even read the tips back when i played it. If you're going all out, and money is no object, you could put the os on an ssd too...

edit: it looks like the minimum server requirements for minecraft aren't very high at all. so you might think about just getting a cheap pc off of craigslist or from your local university and putting it on that, since it's not very demanding. and that would let you leave it on 24/7

Recommended 5-10 players: Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 x2 3GB At least 200MB for world saves Be sure to have at least a low-ping internet connection.
(Such as DSL or Cable)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom