ARMA II, ARMA III, Day-Z

DogSong

Daemon Poster
Hey guys, I have a lot of options here, and I don't know what to do. Do I get Arma Combined Operations (which I need to play the Day-Z mod) or do I get Arma III (which I know nothing about) or get the Day-Z standalone. I'm looking for a BIG community to play with for a long time, and I am looking for a better GPU

Well i never played the game but i have followed people who have played on Utube and i can safely say that you will get bored real quick just playing Day-z. The game is a decent 1st timer game, but after awhile it will get boring.

If i was to buy any of the games mentioned above, i would go with Arrma 2. That game seems so much better & more fun to play. Arrma 2 is far better than Day-z in my opinion.

Happy gaming... :)

Well i never played the game but i have followed people who have played on Utube and i can safely say that you will get bored real quick just playing Day-z. The game is a decent 1st timer game, but after awhile it will get boring.

If i was to buy any of the games mentioned above, i would go with Arrma 2. That game seems so much better & more fun to play. Arrma 2 is far better than Day-z in my opinion.

Happy gaming... :)

I forgot to mention that I'm going after a bunch of different mods. But what I'm trying to figure out is if I should wait for ARMA III or buy ARMA II and Operation Arrowhead

I realize that you want to use mods and stuff, But it would make the most sense to buy Arrma 2 before playing Arrma 3. If you jump straight into Arrma 3 it will take the fun out of going from 2 to 3.

I would just buy Arrma 2 and when you beat that game, move on to Arrma 3.

Last edited:
I realize that you want to use mods and stuff, But it would make the most sense to buy Arrma 2 before playing Arrma 3. If you jump straight into Arrma 3 it will take the fun out of going from 2 to 3.

I would just buy Arrma 2 and when you beat that game, move on to Arrma 3.

But isn't the whole gaming community that played arma II going to arma III? I want people to play with

Quite alot of people still play Arma 2 as it has more mods, although as Arma 3 becomes older, more people will move to that.

Also, if you want a fun, welcoming community; stay away from dayz.

Quite alot of people still play Arma 2 as it has more mods, although as Arma 3 becomes older, more people will move to that.

Also, if you want a fun, welcoming community; stay away from dayz.

I don't want a "welcoming" community, Day-Z is full of bandits, which I love to pick off, and there are descent people in that game

I have all of these games and i have to say my favourite is still DayZ The Mod. To be precise, Epoch out of all the DayZ mods due to the amount that can be done within it. Such as base building, loads of vehicles and having a safe to keep gear in for later use. And of course you can run back to to gear back up after getting killed. I'm even a admin on a DayZ Epoch Chernarus server and have been for quite a few months now and still enjoy playing it how it is meant to be played and helping others out along the way.

Also the mod is now actually more rounded and playable than ArmA III and certainly more so though than SA. ArmA III still feels very clunky to me and the maps (Well the two it has) are huge and it takes ages to get anywhere. SA even though the inventory is a little more refined than the mod, the rest of the game is so early on in progress. With many bugs and will be a long time in the making. Don't get me wrong i like SA and seeing it progress through the different stages but if you want options then ArmA 2 with all the mods available is the way to go.

There was a Humble Bundle sale on the ArmA 2 pack a couple of weeks ago and could of been grabbed for about £5. I got most of my friends to pick it up at the time as it was a steal to be honest. Still even at £16.99 for Combined Operations off Steam isn't to bad at all.

Here is how i would categorise them (In my opinion of course),

ArmA III = Over sized maps. Not a great deal of single player content at the moment. Looks the best graphically out of them all.

DaYZ: SA = Still in Alpha. A fair few bugs. Not much to do besides kill each other unless you actually get to play with friends. Only 5 Weapons up to now. No vehicles at all (Yet).

ArmA II (With mods etc) = Lots to choose from. Still a massive community. Not as great graphics than the ones above but if you have a good system, crank it up and it can still look amazing. The only downside would be the inventory takes a bit more getting used to.

Basically if you want a game for gameplay and content it's got to be ArmA 2. SA and ArmA III just have slightly better engines to make them graphically better but lack the content.

Last edited:
But isn't the whole gaming community that played arma II going to arma III? I want people to play with

Arma 3 is better/ I played both games and Arma 3 is just better in my opinion. I also think DayZ is very good. I don't agree that it gets boring IF you like survival. Because you always have to be on the lookout, so Arma 3 and DayZ are the best.

Back
Top Bottom