Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Gallery
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-24-2005, 12:15 PM   #451
Golden Master
 
alvino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 19,967
Send a message via AIM to alvino
Default Re: Gallery: Your workstation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giancarlo
I'll have to disagree. My BFG FX5900 has been reved up to do so. Yes it may not perform as good as the 9800XT on dynamic lighting effects, but it is more then adequate. The 9800XT is practically horrible in every other respect. My FX5900 is pushed to FX5950U speeds. I give the FX5900-5950U the edge over ATI for practical reasons. Why would I look into a 6800GT? I'm a poor student. And this card will last me more then enough time. I play Doom 3 on it just fine. Good frame rates. Not the best, but I listen to mainly music on this computer moreso then games (that's why I got the Klipsch-killer Logitech Z-5500.
Well you have to admit that the FX series' architecture is starting to become obsolete. After all they are pretty old cards. If you can't afford the 6800's, go with the 6600's. They really give you your bang for your buck.
__________________

alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 01:29 PM   #452
Fully Optimized
 
money_man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 4,353
Send a message via MSN to money_man
Default Re: Gallery: Your workstation

yup im getting 8751 3dmark03 score and the cpu is still running very cool and teh video temp is idle 46. the 6600gt's rule
__________________

__________________
AMD 3000+ @ 2.25
Corsair Twinx 1024mb 2x512mb XMS
MSI 6600GT's SLIed @ 565/1100
Neo 4 Platinum SLI Mobo
3dmark03- 15,542
3dmark05- 7081
money_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 01:53 PM   #453
BSOD
 
Giancarlo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,788
Send a message via AIM to Giancarlo
Default Re: Gallery: Your workstation

Lets not talk about former members please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvino
Well you have to admit that the FX series' architecture is starting to become obsolete. After all they are pretty old cards. If you can't afford the 6800's, go with the 6600's. They really give you your bang for your buck.
It is not becoming obsolete for me. Just because you say it is doesn't mean it is true. I mean come on! They can play all the new games just fine. It isn't choppy. It is pretty damn smooth. And literally I have $110 in my checkings account right right now. I'm not rich like you guys... I can't go around spending even $120 on a graphics card right now. And they aren't that old. Sheesh, unlike some people around here I can't update my computer every month.

Maybe once you get into college you would understand why. I have a thousand other expenses, not to mention bills. Damn cable TV is expensive too. But there is only one company in the area.
Giancarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 02:00 PM   #454
Fully Optimized
 
money_man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 4,353
Send a message via MSN to money_man
Default Re: Gallery: Your workstation

if your cable bills are so expensive why dont you stop paying them and tack into someone elses line? i've seen it done at my old apartment we used to live in. there was a wood border on the wall and we took it off to paint the wall and behind it there was a hole...the peolpe before us were getting cable for free because there was still a cable splitter in there. so my mom took advantage of it and we started getting cable for free. its really hard to get caught and what are they gunna do if they catch you? then you'll have more moeny in your pocket also
__________________
AMD 3000+ @ 2.25
Corsair Twinx 1024mb 2x512mb XMS
MSI 6600GT's SLIed @ 565/1100
Neo 4 Platinum SLI Mobo
3dmark03- 15,542
3dmark05- 7081
money_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 02:05 PM   #455
Golden Master
 
athlon64fx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 6,153
Send a message via MSN to athlon64fx
Default Re: Gallery: Your workstation

Quote:
Originally Posted by money_man
wait how has zen had problems? zen told me before i bought this mobo that i would not be dissappointed
zen had cards burning up, power problems, one card running hotter then the other, artifacing, frame dropping, etc. this was a while back ago, but these intial first-second-third version mobos are still ciculating and still being sold, people still buy these, in fact I'll bet newegg has sold a quite a few today.

thaey aren't phased out yet, there was no formal recall notice, and its only a formal recall if the saftey commisions have deemed it and tested it and confirmed it and posted it. and I have not heard of one such notice.

and as far as I'm concerned they should just make graphics cards user, upgradeable, with upgradeable RAM and GPU. that would solve alot of problems, and also dual core GPUs and dual processor GPU with a new kind of PCB to allow enough current to go though whilist retaining a low temp.

now a dual core dual processor GPU GC with over 1 Gig or GDDR would be sweet as hell!
athlon64fx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 02:07 PM   #456
Fully Optimized
 
money_man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 4,353
Send a message via MSN to money_man
Default Re: Gallery: Your workstation

i swear to god if any of those problems happen to me ill be pissed

oh well only using 1 card at the moment
__________________
AMD 3000+ @ 2.25
Corsair Twinx 1024mb 2x512mb XMS
MSI 6600GT's SLIed @ 565/1100
Neo 4 Platinum SLI Mobo
3dmark03- 15,542
3dmark05- 7081
money_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 02:08 PM   #457
BSOD
 
Giancarlo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,788
Send a message via AIM to Giancarlo
Default Re: Gallery: Your workstation

Quote:
Originally Posted by money_man
if your cable bills are so expensive why dont you stop paying them and tack into someone elses line? i've seen it done at my old apartment we used to live in. there was a wood border on the wall and we took it off to paint the wall and behind it there was a hole...the peolpe before us were getting cable for free because there was still a cable splitter in there. so my mom took advantage of it and we started getting cable for free. its really hard to get caught and what are they gunna do if they catch you? then you'll have more moeny in your pocket also
You would understand why this isn't possible when you have cinder block walls. It is not possible to even pick up interent through them. And I can't tap into someone elses cable line. So please spare me this nonsense. I'm tired of oyu money man. You are telling me I should be a crook. Well I'm not a crook and I hate the crooks who live in this world. I think you should all be arrested.
Giancarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 02:09 PM   #458
Fully Optimized
 
money_man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 4,353
Send a message via MSN to money_man
Default Re: Gallery: Your workstation

ok im not going to comment because giancarlo is trying to start a fight or argument again. and then somehow all the blame always goes on me. so ima let this one slip, brown eye
__________________
AMD 3000+ @ 2.25
Corsair Twinx 1024mb 2x512mb XMS
MSI 6600GT's SLIed @ 565/1100
Neo 4 Platinum SLI Mobo
3dmark03- 15,542
3dmark05- 7081
money_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 02:11 PM   #459
BSOD
 
Giancarlo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,788
Send a message via AIM to Giancarlo
Default Re: Gallery: Your workstation

Quote:
Originally Posted by money_man
ok im not going to comment because giancarlo is trying to start a fight or argument again. and then somehow all the blame always goes on me. so ima let this one slip, brown eye
Well you are asking me to be a thief. And in this apartment there is no way I can. Afterall management also checks these things. I can't steal internet nor cable in this complex. It isn't possible. And in the real world you should actually pay for services you use.
Giancarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 02:12 PM   #460
Fully Optimized
 
money_man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 4,353
Send a message via MSN to money_man
Default Re: Gallery: Your workstation

HEY WAIT!! giancarlo u just became my new best friend!!! you have a athlon64 3000+!!!!
__________________

__________________
AMD 3000+ @ 2.25
Corsair Twinx 1024mb 2x512mb XMS
MSI 6600GT's SLIed @ 565/1100
Neo 4 Platinum SLI Mobo
3dmark03- 15,542
3dmark05- 7081
money_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0