Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Gallery
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-01-2006, 07:21 PM   #1561
Golden Master
 
alvino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 19,967
Send a message via AIM to alvino
Default Re: Gallery: Graphics Cards

Okay...what does that have to do with Quadro coolers?
__________________

alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 08:40 PM   #1562
Daemon Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 572
Default Re: Gallery: Graphics Cards

Quote:
Originally Posted by X1337
I softodded my Ti 4200 to Quadro 980 XGL and it gave me 1K more in 3dmark01
yeah thats why my other card is a 6800gt softmoddable to a quadro 4400. pretty cool, yet not very stable.

the bad thing about the quadro cooler is that its nearly impossible to clean it, you have to take apart the entire card to dust only whats around the fan. thats why im sick of aircooling so much waist of space and its inefficient.
__________________

Zaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 08:48 PM   #1563
Fully Optimized
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,008
Send a message via AIM to X1337 Send a message via MSN to X1337
Default Re: Gallery: Graphics Cards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaki
yeah thats why my other card is a 6800gt softmoddable to a quadro 4400. pretty cool, yet not very stable.

the bad thing about the quadro cooler is that its nearly impossible to clean it, you have to take apart the entire card to dust only whats around the fan. thats why im sick of aircooling so much waist of space and its inefficient.
but still works
X1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 10:16 PM   #1564
Fully Optimized
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 2,438
Default Re: Gallery: Graphics Cards

I was wondering where the card was until I realised it was HUGE... haha
__________________
Just A Guy With A Voice In His Head...
Charchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 01:12 AM   #1565
Golden Master
 
alvino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 19,967
Send a message via AIM to alvino
Default Re: Gallery: Graphics Cards

Yeah, NVIDIA's Quadro coolers are huge and they don't work that well.
alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 06:47 PM   #1566
Daemon Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 572
Default Re: Gallery: Graphics Cards

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvino
Yeah, NVIDIA's Quadro coolers are huge and they don't work that well.
i swear, id rather them just send me a card with the psu and everything on it, no fan, no heatsink, no fan case. that way i could sit two 120 mm fans on top of the card and it would be so much better. i dont know why the put so much crap on top of the card it makes them fall down, impossible to clean, and the cooling still sucks. i feel bad for anyone who bought the 1950xtx card, the heatsink and everything on that card looks like it was designed by a sixth grader. both nvidia and ati suck in this department..........im sorry i just had to vent a little!
Zaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 06:49 PM   #1567
Fully Optimized
 
drumthrasher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 2,606
Send a message via AIM to drumthrasher Send a message via MSN to drumthrasher Send a message via Yahoo to drumthrasher
Default Re: Gallery: Graphics Cards

i'm kind of confused about what u r saying.
__________________
Gateway GT4016 Desktop | CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3700+ @ 2.2GHz | RAM: 2GB (4x512MB) | HDD: 1x200GB, 1x120GB | Video: ATI HD Radeon 4850 512MB | OS: Vista Home Premium x86 SP1, Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.6
drumthrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 06:52 PM   #1568
Daemon Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 572
Default Re: Gallery: Graphics Cards

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumthrasher
i'm kind of confused about what u r saying.
its because you own a 7300gs card, not heatsink worries with that.
Zaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 06:58 PM   #1569
Fully Optimized
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,008
Send a message via AIM to X1337 Send a message via MSN to X1337
Default Re: Gallery: Graphics Cards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaki
its because you own a 7300gs card, not heatsink worries with that.
hmm 7300Gs does put out heat. He has a small heatsink with a small fan, and he cant overclock that far. Last time I saw hes temps, they where high

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaki
i swear, id rather them just send me a card with the psu and everything on it, no fan, no heatsink, no fan case. that way i could sit two 120 mm fans on top of the card and it would be so much better. i dont know why the put so much crap on top of the card it makes them fall down, impossible to clean, and the cooling still sucks. i feel bad for anyone who bought the 1950xtx card, the heatsink and everything on that card looks like it was designed by a sixth grader. both nvidia and ati suck in this department..........im sorry i just had to vent a little!
I dont get people, they complain that stock heatsink sucks. Well I got news for you, you get what you pay for.
X1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 07:21 PM   #1570
Golden Master
 
alvino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 19,967
Send a message via AIM to alvino
Default Re: Gallery: Graphics Cards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaki
i swear, id rather them just send me a card with the psu and everything on it, no fan, no heatsink, no fan case. that way i could sit two 120 mm fans on top of the card and it would be so much better. i dont know why the put so much crap on top of the card it makes them fall down, impossible to clean, and the cooling still sucks. i feel bad for anyone who bought the 1950xtx card, the heatsink and everything on that card looks like it was designed by a sixth grader. both nvidia and ati suck in this department..........im sorry i just had to vent a little!
Actually, the X1950's candy red cooler is vastly improved. The design is pretty good, and even better than the X1900 coolers (those were ownage, but had to be at max speed to work best). It's like those Arctic-Cooling Silencer ones, but better looking.

Anyways, have you seen the X1950 Pro? Jesus christ that card looks nice! It's single slot and the cooler pretty much covers the whole PCB. You can thank Digital PWM for that.


X1950 Pro (note the internal CrossFire connectors)


Left to Right: X1950 XTX - X1900 XTX - X1950 Pro
__________________

alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0