Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Gallery
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-06-2009, 03:56 PM   #4671
Daemon Poster
 
Techmaster05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 855
Send a message via AIM to Techmaster05 Send a message via MSN to Techmaster05 Send a message via Yahoo to Techmaster05
Default Re: Car Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvino View Post
A select few members get the ability to change their rank to whatever they want.



Yeah, I drive a BMW and I love BMW's, but you obviously have no idea what the difference between an enthusiast and fanboy is do you?

I'm a car enthusiast, which means I'm actually open-minded about other cars, even if I'm a BMW enthusiast as well.

I'm not going to even go into detail about who would beat who handling wise because there are so many factors and details that would determine that and it's obvious you don't even know what you're talking about.
lol i dont see why you are getting so upset over this. I dont know what im talking about, right, what ever you say "ENTHUSIAST." Lets see how that bmw goes up a hill in decent sized snow, lets see how it does when the back wheels are stuck. Lets see how it does when it takes a wet corner at a fast speed with barley any traction at the front wheels because no power is being distributed to them. Sorry man but if you are saying the bmw does better at handling than the AWD subaru, ur not much of an open minded car enthusiast.

Ill give bmw the luxury aspect and comfort, speed to in their higher end cars(Which an Evo could smoke if the prices where to match). Though handling will go to Subaru, sorry man but Subaru knows what they are doing and always have. I dont see BMW doing to well at rallys and handling matters a whole lot in rally.
__________________

Techmaster05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 05:02 PM   #4672
Golden Master
 
alvino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 19,967
Send a message via AIM to alvino
Default Re: Car Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techmaster05 View Post
lol i dont see why you are getting so upset over this. I dont know what im talking about, right, what ever you say "ENTHUSIAST." Lets see how that bmw goes up a hill in decent sized snow, lets see how it does when the back wheels are stuck. Lets see how it does when it takes a wet corner at a fast speed with barley any traction at the front wheels because no power is being distributed to them. Sorry man but if you are saying the bmw does better at handling than the AWD subaru, ur not much of an open minded car enthusiast.

Ill give bmw the luxury aspect and comfort, speed to in their higher end cars(Which an Evo could smoke if the prices where to match). Though handling will go to Subaru, sorry man but Subaru knows what they are doing and always have. I dont see BMW doing to well at rallys and handling matters a whole lot in rally.
Like I said before to Russel, each drivetrain will have their own advantages and disadvantages. Just because Subarus have AWD doesn't necessarily mean they are better at handling than RWD cars are. You can't just generalize that all AWD cars are automatically superior in any driving conditions simply because Subaru has done well in WRC. Handling matters in any kind of motorsport, not just rally (well...except NASCAR).

It's pretty funny though, how you keep assuming that I'm trashing on Subarus just because I prefer RWD cars like BMWs. It's personal preference. I can still recognize the advantages that RWD, AWD and FWD have and what conditions they excel at. The fact that you keep assuming that Subarus are superior no matter what really shows who the real fanboy is.
__________________

alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 05:49 PM   #4673
Daemon Poster
 
Techmaster05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 855
Send a message via AIM to Techmaster05 Send a message via MSN to Techmaster05 Send a message via Yahoo to Techmaster05
Default Re: Car Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvino View Post
Like I said before to Russel, each drivetrain will have their own advantages and disadvantages. Just because Subarus have AWD doesn't necessarily mean they are better at handling than RWD cars are. You can't just generalize that all AWD cars are automatically superior in any driving conditions simply because Subaru has done well in WRC. Handling matters in any kind of motorsport, not just rally (well...except NASCAR).

It's pretty funny though, how you keep assuming that I'm trashing on Subarus just because I prefer RWD cars like BMWs. It's personal preference. I can still recognize the advantages that RWD, AWD and FWD have and what conditions they excel at. The fact that you keep assuming that Subarus are superior no matter what really shows who the real fanboy is.
lol your funny cause i never said anything about you trashing any car and never assumed that either. Also never said all AWD cars are superior but in a lot of cases such as handling, AWD usually ALWAYS comes in front of the other cars.

Their are disadvantages and advantages racing wise in AWD and RW cars but handling wise AWD usually smokes RW.

Also funny how you assume im a fanboy so fast when yourself dont seem to like it when people assume you are. I also dont see how im a subaru fanboy, im just saying Subaru has the best AWD system available atm and it will smoke a bmw in handling because of that fact of all 4 wheels have power distributed between one another making the car gain more traction and output better handling.

I am know where near being a fanboy of a Subaru, if i was i would not be in love with the Mitsubishi Evolution, id be mad in love with an STi. Dont get me wrong, STi's are well made cars but i would never spend my money on it. I love Subaru because they make awesome cars and their cars are built with quality, they also last a very long time. My parents 2001 Subaru outback has run 148k miles and we have had no problems with the car.

If i come accross as a fanboy, than w.e cause im not and dont see how i am cause im backing up symmetrical AWD and not agreeing with you. If i was such a fanboy i would not be saying anything good about bmw which i have stated what i liked about BMW. Im just sick of people trying to make it seem like these very expensive German cars are completley superior to anything and everything.

If you call yourself a car enthusiast man that i strongly suggest looking over the bmw more and the subaru name because i know for a fact that subaru will out handle a bmw in most situations.
Techmaster05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 07:04 PM   #4674
Golden Master
 
alvino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 19,967
Send a message via AIM to alvino
Default Re: Car Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techmaster05 View Post
lol your funny cause i never said anything about you trashing any car and never assumed that either. Also never said all AWD cars are superior but in a lot of cases such as handling, AWD usually ALWAYS comes in front of the other cars.

Their are disadvantages and advantages racing wise in AWD and RW cars but handling wise AWD usually smokes RW.
You say that as if it's fact. Then how come Formula 1 cars don't use AWD? WTCC? DTM? ALMS? FIA GT? BTCC? None of those racing series use AWD.

Yes, AWD is advantageous in off-road, low-traction type races such as WRC, but again, you're just generalizing that AWD is superior. Each type of drivetrain has it's own racing uses.

Quote:
Also funny how you assume im a fanboy so fast when yourself dont seem to like it when people assume you are. I also dont see how im a subaru fanboy, im just saying Subaru has the best AWD system available atm and it will smoke a bmw in handling because of that fact of all 4 wheels have power distributed between one another making the car gain more traction and output better handling.
Sorry, just the way you post makes you seem rather fanboy-ish and ignorant.

Yeah, all 4 wheels may get power but you also have to watch out for understeer as well. There's a reason why a lot of manufacturers like Audi and Lamborghini distribute the power 40/60 front and rear. It's the best of both worlds. You get the traction of AWD and the neutrality and lack of understeer of RWD.

Quote:
I am know where near being a fanboy of a Subaru, if i was i would not be in love with the Mitsubishi Evolution, id be mad in love with an STi. Dont get me wrong, STi's are well made cars but i would never spend my money on it. I love Subaru because they make awesome cars and their cars are built with quality, they also last a very long time. My parents 2001 Subaru outback has run 148k miles and we have had no problems with the car.
The Evo is alright. If I had to choose between the Mitsu or Subbie, I'd choose the 2009 WRX STI. The hatchback design has totally grown on me.

Don't worry, BMW's are built with good quality too, especially the older cars. My E36 has a tad over 168,000 miles on the original motor and it's never had any problems other than the alternator going out.

Quote:
If i come accross as a fanboy, than w.e cause im not and dont see how i am cause im backing up symmetrical AWD and not agreeing with you. If i was such a fanboy i would not be saying anything good about bmw which i have stated what i liked about BMW. Im just sick of people trying to make it seem like these very expensive German cars are completley superior to anything and everything.
I never said German cars are completely superior to anything and everything. I just prefer BMW's because they make amazing engines and their cars are incredibly refined and can handle really well. I won't go as far as to say that ALL BMW's are superior to Subaru's, but don't be so quick as to dismiss RWD cars as potent handlers.

Quote:
If you call yourself a car enthusiast man that i strongly suggest looking over the bmw more and the subaru name because i know for a fact that subaru will out handle a bmw in most situations.
Have you ever driven a BMW? If not, then you don't know for fact that any Subaru will out handle a BMW.

I myself have driven a Mitsubishi Evo IX (it was my friend's). It has great power (the turbo lag is rather annoying though), handles well and has good traction. Would it out handle most BMW's? Yes. Would it out handle ALL BMW's? No.

Maybe if you were to compare specific models then you could justify which is superior in handling, but saying any Subaru will out handle any BMW just comes off as ignorant.
alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 09:12 PM   #4675
Golden Master
 
freestyler105's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,883
Default Re: Car Thread!

Summary:
You can't just say Subaru > BMW.

You can "claim" that the STi's handling > the handling of the 325i. But then you're comparing one of the cheapest BMWs to the top of the line Subaru...not really fair? Sure they were approximately the same price new, but with the BMW you're also paying for the luxury.

Compare the STi to a new M3, that's a little more fair. Bottom line is the M3 has way more potential for power (just look at some of the turbo M3s) if you have the cash. Handling wise, it's all relative. Obviously the STi will win off road, but who's talking about off road? I think the M3 would school the STi on a track..
__________________
C2D E6600 | 4GB DDR2-800 | 9800GTX+ | Asus P5B-E | 150GB Raptor | 320GB 7200.10 | 750W Xigmatek PSU
freestyler105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 09:45 PM   #4676
Golden Master
 
superman22x's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 7,903
Send a message via MSN to superman22x Send a message via Yahoo to superman22x
Default Re: Car Thread!

One thing you can say...

302 Ranger > Subaru/BMWs... at least in a straight line, haha.

btw, my dads subaru is a reg 2.5. But it is still peppy.
__________________
“Adults are just obsolete children and the hell with them.” - Dr. Suess
superman22x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 12:04 AM   #4677
Golden Master
 
alvino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 19,967
Send a message via AIM to alvino
Default Re: Car Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by freestyler105 View Post
Summary:
You can't just say Subaru > BMW.

You can "claim" that the STi's handling > the handling of the 325i. But then you're comparing one of the cheapest BMWs to the top of the line Subaru...not really fair? Sure they were approximately the same price new, but with the BMW you're also paying for the luxury.

Compare the STi to a new M3, that's a little more fair. Bottom line is the M3 has way more potential for power (just look at some of the turbo M3s) if you have the cash. Handling wise, it's all relative. Obviously the STi will win off road, but who's talking about off road? I think the M3 would school the STi on a track..
Pretty much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman22x View Post
One thing you can say...

302 Ranger > Subaru/BMWs... at least in a straight line, haha.

btw, my dads subaru is a reg 2.5. But it is still peppy.
How much does the Ranger put out?
alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 01:01 AM   #4678
Daemon Poster
 
Techmaster05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 855
Send a message via AIM to Techmaster05 Send a message via MSN to Techmaster05 Send a message via Yahoo to Techmaster05
Default Re: Car Thread!

lol a 2007 subaru outback basic with a sports package that i got 17k is not top of the line. Yes it is pretty fair to compare a 17k outback to a 30k 325i.

and who said anything about me comparing an STi to a bmw ? lol

Obviously this arguement is going know where and u seem EXTREMELY ignorant to understand that a symmetrical AWD subaru cant beat the 325i in handling, its quite sad for someone who calls themself a car enthusiast.

I know how bmw's handle, they handle very tight and have a lot of control but you wont take a corner as fast as this subaru especially in wet conditions.

anyways im done here. if you call urself a car enthusiast i suggest you go do some more research on this because obviously letting your opinion and somewhat fanboyism get in the way.

Ill be the mature one and just say bye, take care.
Techmaster05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 02:11 AM   #4679
Golden Master
 
alvino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 19,967
Send a message via AIM to alvino
Default Re: Car Thread!

I'll say its fact when I actually see it happen. I'm not going to take your word for it just because you're blowing hot air. It's obvious you have nothing else to back yourself up and all you can just say that you think they corner faster. If you're just going by what feels like "faster" than that isn't much to justify your arguement. Feeling is subjective and anyone can say they were going fast. Obviously you can't seem to realize that...not much I can do about that.

Provide actual proof and use something other than "symmetrical AWD Subaru can smoke a BMW" and maybe I'll actually believe a bit of what you're saying. Especially if you're comparing the handling capabilities of a 2007 Subaru Outback to a 2005 325i.

Also, I didn't know that running away from a debate would be considered "mature". Whatever, just save yourself the embarrassment.
alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 11:23 PM   #4680
Daemon Poster
 
Techmaster05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 855
Send a message via AIM to Techmaster05 Send a message via MSN to Techmaster05 Send a message via Yahoo to Techmaster05
Default Re: Car Thread!

lol yup what ever you say "car enthusiast" lol, funny how i use facts and u use your driven opinions. Its ok though, take care.

Just go do some research on symmetrical awd and than rw. Clearly dont see how all 4 tires spinning and balancing the power depending on the weight on each wheel handles less than a RW car lol. The whole wish bone thing is not bad lol but if your such a car enthusiast as you say, go and do some more research on how symmetrical awd works and rw. My subaru will even out perform the new 328 in handling. Sorry guy lol but it is a fact, now go do some research cause obviously you havent.
__________________

Techmaster05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0