Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Gallery
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-05-2009, 03:23 PM   #4661
Golden Master
 
alvino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 19,967
Send a message via AIM to alvino
Default Re: Car Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russel View Post
Brand new, I paid just under 30K. Handling is amazing, every time I push it in a corner I always come out of the corner thinking I could have taken it twice as fast. Very comfortable. It's got a 5 speed manual transmission.
Nice...not a bad price for brand new. Yeah, BMWs have incredible handling. Not only that, but the steering feel is phenomenal. It makes you feel like you're in control rather than the power steering doing all the work for you. Heh, lucky you got the 5-speed gearbox. My mom's has the automatic unfortunately, but steptronic is pretty fun to play with.
__________________

alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 05:20 PM   #4662
Daemon Poster
 
Techmaster05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 855
Send a message via AIM to Techmaster05 Send a message via MSN to Techmaster05 Send a message via Yahoo to Techmaster05
Default Re: Car Thread!

If you say that about a BMW, u should give a Subaru a run
__________________

Techmaster05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 09:17 PM   #4663
Golden Master
 
alvino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 19,967
Send a message via AIM to alvino
Default Re: Car Thread!

Japanese cars still use power steering. It's a lot lighter than power assisted steering. Of course, I'm sure the traction AWD provides is nice. Still, I prefer to have all the power go to the rear wheels with the front unburdened by anything so it can do it's job.
alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 09:49 PM   #4664
Daemon Poster
 
Techmaster05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 855
Send a message via AIM to Techmaster05 Send a message via MSN to Techmaster05 Send a message via Yahoo to Techmaster05
Default Re: Car Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvino View Post
Japanese cars still use power steering. It's a lot lighter than power assisted steering. Of course, I'm sure the traction AWD provides is nice. Still, I prefer to have all the power go to the rear wheels with the front unburdened by anything so it can do it's job.
funny cause that 325i puts out the same 1/4 mile as my subaru. If you have never driven a Subaru i suggest not judging it by how other jap cars drive. Dont get me wrong BMW is a very nice manufacturer but handling wise subaru is a lot better. I believe Subaru has won more rally championships than any other manufacturer because of its advanced AWD system ? especially with its symmetrical awd system which my subaru has.

I see your a BMW whore so im guessing ur a fanboy, im not a fanboy of either companys because im into tuners. For under 30k i can get a nice Evo 9 and smoke that bmw no problem but its personal preference. Yes i would rather get an Evo than an STi, i believe the STi is higher quality but the Evo is more tuneable i believe and its personal preference once again.

Though im still going to tell you subaru is much more advanced in the handling stage than bmw. I bet i can take a turn 10-20mph faster than what that 325i with RW drive can, especially on wet roads.

I pull the e-brake on my subaru on a wet road going 20-30 and it just does not want to slide at all. Ive driven a 2001 subaru outback and it does slide a little but not my 2007 outback with symmetrical awd.
Techmaster05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 03:42 AM   #4665
Golden Master
 
alvino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 19,967
Send a message via AIM to alvino
Default Re: Car Thread!

Maybe you shouldn't be so quick to assume or you'll make yourself look like an ass. Just because I personally prefer RWD over AWD does not make me a fanboy in any way nor does it mean I'm bashing on Subarus.

That's all I have to say because anything else I say to you would just be wasted words.
alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 04:01 AM   #4666
Daemon Poster
 
Russel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,037
Default Re: Car Thread!

Subaru has improved a great deal over the last few years. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend one to anyone. I'm not familiar with their handling, so I couldn't say one way or the other. The 325i handles better than any other car I have driven though. I was getting off the freeway once at the base of a long hill and didn't realize until the last minute that the end of the off ramp had a very sharp turn. The tires squealed a little, the car shifted over about 12 inches, the dynamic stability control light flashed and did it's thing, but the car stayed pointed exactly as I steered it. No under steer, no over steer, it felt totally in control. I didn't intend to do that, and never plan to do it again, but it sure amazed me. The primary reason that I bought the BMW was comfort. The car isn't big, but I really like the creature comforts it has.

I remember years ago, working for the Youth conservation corp. We drove a monster Chevy suburban about 2 hours each day on some very muddy and windy roads. 4WD and a winch was a must. Several times one of those little Subaru trucks with the seats in the bed and handles to hang on, would blast past us like we were standing still! That always impressed me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techmaster05 View Post
I see your a BMW whore so im guessing ur a fanboy...
I know you weren't referring to me, but I still would have to plead guilty! Otherwise, how can I justify spilling so many sheckles on a car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trivium Nate View Post
nice bmw
Thanks!
Russel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 09:14 AM   #4667
Golden Master
 
superman22x's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 7,903
Send a message via MSN to superman22x Send a message via Yahoo to superman22x
Default Re: Car Thread!

Those little subarus go through a lot for being such small cars with no live axles. We have a fairly steep gravel drive way at my house, and if we get like 4" of snow, my truck(2wd) and my moms mini van can't make it up. We get 14" and the outback still goes up. My dad got it stuck only once so far(it's an 07) and that was when he pulled into his job site, and there was a fairly large snow bank that he just tried plowing through... It bottomed out on that, but luckily he had a shovel, haha.

In other news, I scored a set of E7 heads for my build free, at least I still need to pick them up, but they were offered free. My current heads are off a standard 302, the E7 are off a 302 HO from a stang. About 20-30 more hp, and with a little porting in the exhaust alone I can get like 20 more hp out of them I hear. Just need some forged pistons and the engine will be strong enough for a 100 shot hopefully. Maybe more even.
__________________
Adults are just obsolete children and the hell with them. - Dr. Suess
superman22x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 12:47 PM   #4668
Daemon Poster
 
Techmaster05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 855
Send a message via AIM to Techmaster05 Send a message via MSN to Techmaster05 Send a message via Yahoo to Techmaster05
Default Re: Car Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russel View Post
Subaru has improved a great deal over the last few years. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend one to anyone. I'm not familiar with their handling, so I couldn't say one way or the other. The 325i handles better than any other car I have driven though. I was getting off the freeway once at the base of a long hill and didn't realize until the last minute that the end of the off ramp had a very sharp turn. The tires squealed a little, the car shifted over about 12 inches, the dynamic stability control light flashed and did it's thing, but the car stayed pointed exactly as I steered it. No under steer, no over steer, it felt totally in control. I didn't intend to do that, and never plan to do it again, but it sure amazed me. The primary reason that I bought the BMW was comfort. The car isn't big, but I really like the creature comforts it has.

I remember years ago, working for the Youth conservation corp. We drove a monster Chevy suburban about 2 hours each day on some very muddy and windy roads. 4WD and a winch was a must. Several times one of those little Subaru trucks with the seats in the bed and handles to hang on, would blast past us like we were standing still! That always impressed me.



I know you weren't referring to me, but I still would have to plead guilty! Otherwise, how can I justify spilling so many sheckles on a car?



Thanks!
lol i was referring to alvino cause i saw it in his rank thing so i dont see how i cant assume that hes a fanboy with that in his rank lol. Though BMW is very nice i know that but handling wise i will give it to subaru.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman22x View Post
Those little subarus go through a lot for being such small cars with no live axles. We have a fairly steep gravel drive way at my house, and if we get like 4" of snow, my truck(2wd) and my moms mini van can't make it up. We get 14" and the outback still goes up. My dad got it stuck only once so far(it's an 07) and that was when he pulled into his job site, and there was a fairly large snow bank that he just tried plowing through... It bottomed out on that, but luckily he had a shovel, haha.

In other news, I scored a set of E7 heads for my build free, at least I still need to pick them up, but they were offered free. My current heads are off a standard 302, the E7 are off a 302 HO from a stang. About 20-30 more hp, and with a little porting in the exhaust alone I can get like 20 more hp out of them I hear. Just need some forged pistons and the engine will be strong enough for a 100 shot hopefully. Maybe more even.
Nice man i got the 07 outback aswell, is it the basic 2.5 or ?
Techmaster05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 03:17 PM   #4669
Daemon Poster
 
Russel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,037
Default Re: Car Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techmaster05 View Post
lol i was referring to alvino cause i saw it in his rank thing so i dont see how i cant assume that hes a fanboy with that in his rank lol.
Wow, I hadn't even noticed until just now! Howd he do dat?
Russel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 03:39 PM   #4670
Golden Master
 
alvino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 19,967
Send a message via AIM to alvino
Default Re: Car Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russel View Post
Wow, I hadn't even noticed until just now! Howd he do dat?
A select few members get the ability to change their rank to whatever they want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techmaster05 View Post
lol i was referring to alvino cause i saw it in his rank thing so i dont see how i cant assume that hes a fanboy with that in his rank lol. Though BMW is very nice i know that but handling wise i will give it to subaru.
Yeah, I drive a BMW and I love BMW's, but you obviously have no idea what the difference between an enthusiast and fanboy is do you?

I'm a car enthusiast, which means I'm actually open-minded about other cars, even if I'm a BMW enthusiast as well.

I'm not going to even go into detail about who would beat who handling wise because there are so many factors and details that would determine that and it's obvious you don't even know what you're talking about.
__________________

alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0