Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Gallery
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-22-2009, 05:40 PM   #4531
Golden Master
 
Cabbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 7,912
Send a message via AIM to Cabbs
Default Re: Car Thread!

I never really liked LS swaps into RX-7's. One of the reasons I like them is for their rotary engines, you don't see them in other cars.
__________________

__________________
=Like anime? Come to AnimeAppeal.com!=
||DFI UT P35||Q9550@3400 Mhz||Geil 4GB RAM||Radeon 5770||
Cabbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 05:42 PM   #4532
Omnipotent One
 
Atomic Rooster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 11,161
Send a message via AIM to Atomic Rooster Send a message via Yahoo to Atomic Rooster
Default Re: Car Thread!

Yea, I really don't understand that myself Cabbs. I've seen RX-7's run 200MPH+ out on the strip.
__________________

Atomic Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 06:32 PM   #4533
Golden Master
 
alvino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 19,967
Send a message via AIM to alvino
Default Re: Car Thread!

Torque.

The 13B has hardly any torque at all unless you rev the shit out of it. I love the 13B-REW myself as well, but a clean and well done LS swap is something to be admired.
alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 06:55 PM   #4534
Golden Master
 
Cabbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 7,912
Send a message via AIM to Cabbs
Default Re: Car Thread!

Yeah, but I still loves me a high-revving rotary.
__________________
=Like anime? Come to AnimeAppeal.com!=
||DFI UT P35||Q9550@3400 Mhz||Geil 4GB RAM||Radeon 5770||
Cabbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 07:47 PM   #4535
Golden Master
 
alvino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 19,967
Send a message via AIM to alvino
Default Re: Car Thread!

As do I.
alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 09:42 PM   #4536
Golden Master
 
freestyler105's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,883
Default Re: Car Thread!

Alright, so the guy with the S4 I liked decided he wants $15k for it. That's just ridiculous. There's another one posted online for $12.5k (so I could probably get it for $11k) but the only thing is it's tiptronic instead of the 6 speed. Think it's worth it to wait for a better deal on a 6 speed?
__________________
C2D E6600 | 4GB DDR2-800 | 9800GTX+ | Asus P5B-E | 150GB Raptor | 320GB 7200.10 | 750W Xigmatek PSU
freestyler105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 09:50 PM   #4537
Daemon Poster
 
culexor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,132
Send a message via AIM to culexor
Default Re: Car Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabbs View Post
Aren't those like 80 watt bulbs? I'd be afraid of melting parts in my headlights lol.

You may have a E36, but it's still an automatic
My friend has an E36 (318i....P.O.S.), he's wants euro HID's (angel eyes) but I told him he needs to fix the massive dent in his trunk first (the left half of the lid is crumbled and rusting out a bit). For some reason, his car gets very poor gas mileage which is surprising for such a small engine. It drives like a boat, and when you take your foot off the accelerator, the car instantly starts to rapidly decelerate (if you started coasting at about 30mph, it would stop in like 150 feet) so you have to constantly be on the gas (even going down hill). And now every time he sees a BMW, he goes "YE-HE-HE-YAH [insert model number here]...That thing is SIIIIIICK." and when he see's a M series he's like "DAAAAAYYYYUUUUMMMM M[number]. I wish I could get me one-a those babies." Lol, he get's made fun of quite a bit for the dumb things he says, but he's a BMW fanatic now that he has one of his own. I can't really blame him though, I'm sure that if I get a VW I'd point out every cool VW that I saw (maybe not in that manner).
__________________
Desktop: Phenom II B50 3.1Ghz, 4GB DDR2 800, Gigabyte MA790X-UD4P, 2x 1TB RAID0, GTX 460 1GB, OCZ 600W, ABS Black Pearl

Laptop: i5 430M 2.26Ghz, 4GB DDR3 1066, 500GB WD Blue, Mobility Radeon HD 5650 1GB (discrete)
culexor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 11:59 PM   #4538
Golden Master
 
Cabbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 7,912
Send a message via AIM to Cabbs
Default Re: Car Thread!

So it doesn't roll very well? That could be messed up brakes or wheel bearings.
__________________
=Like anime? Come to AnimeAppeal.com!=
||DFI UT P35||Q9550@3400 Mhz||Geil 4GB RAM||Radeon 5770||
Cabbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 04:51 AM   #4539
Golden Master
 
alvino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 19,967
Send a message via AIM to alvino
Default Re: Car Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by freestyler105 View Post
Alright, so the guy with the S4 I liked decided he wants $15k for it. That's just ridiculous. There's another one posted online for $12.5k (so I could probably get it for $11k) but the only thing is it's tiptronic instead of the 6 speed. Think it's worth it to wait for a better deal on a 6 speed?
I'd probably go for a 6 speed. Audi's tiptronic automatic transmission is HORRIBLE. Most tip/steptronic gearboxes aren't that bad and they can shift quite well, but for some reason the VW gearboxes Audi uses are beyond useless. It has the be the slowest tiptronic I've ever used. It's good for crusing though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornholio101 View Post
My friend has an E36 (318i....P.O.S.), he's wants euro HID's (angel eyes) but I told him he needs to fix the massive dent in his trunk first (the left half of the lid is crumbled and rusting out a bit). For some reason, his car gets very poor gas mileage which is surprising for such a small engine. It drives like a boat, and when you take your foot off the accelerator, the car instantly starts to rapidly decelerate (if you started coasting at about 30mph, it would stop in like 150 feet) so you have to constantly be on the gas (even going down hill). And now every time he sees a BMW, he goes "YE-HE-HE-YAH [insert model number here]...That thing is SIIIIIICK." and when he see's a M series he's like "DAAAAAYYYYUUUUMMMM M[number]. I wish I could get me one-a those babies." Lol, he get's made fun of quite a bit for the dumb things he says, but he's a BMW fanatic now that he has one of his own. I can't really blame him though, I'm sure that if I get a VW I'd point out every cool VW that I saw (maybe not in that manner).
Yeah, a 1.8-litre inline four isn't that great when the car itself weighs a little less than 2900lbs. My 325i weighs about 3050lbs stock, which isn't too bad but at least I have the torque to deal with it. When he gets Euro HID projectors tell him to get the proper ones that look exactly like the stock US headlights except with a glass cover instead of plastic. Please for all that is sacred and holy, prevent him from buying those one-piece angel eye HID projector headlights that combine the headlight with the corner lights. The global BMW community as well as I frown heavily upon such trash.

As for angel eyes, I'm still partial about having them on any BMW prior to the E46. They're not bad on E36's, but you need the substance first. Just putting angel eyes on a stock E36 with a rusting trunk lid and no other exterior mods is just...not right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabbs View Post
So it doesn't roll very well? That could be messed up brakes or wheel bearings.
Yeah, it could be.
alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 03:18 PM   #4540
Golden Master
 
superman22x's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 7,903
Send a message via MSN to superman22x Send a message via Yahoo to superman22x
Default Re: Car Thread!

I'm heading out to get the 5.0L and AOD tranny tomorrow. $25. Can't pass it up... It's out of an '89 Mercury Grand Marquis. Not a whole lot of power, 150hp and 250 ft/lbs I think. But with headers, decent intake, and maybe different heads, I should be able to break 200hp. I will do more to it over time too maybe. Might get a shift kit for the AOD too, they arent too expensive... I don't know the condition of the AOD, but I'm guessing it's not too bad, they are decent trannys, and are extremely common, in every V8 car from 85 on or so...
__________________

__________________
“Adults are just obsolete children and the hell with them.” - Dr. Suess
superman22x is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0