Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Gallery
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-22-2007, 12:14 PM   #1341
Golden Master
 
ISOwner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 12,208
Default Re: Car Thread!

Have you ever had experience with just taking out the resonator on a car, but leaving everything else stock? I've been meaning to make my car growl like the 350Z's or the G35 coupes. Man, they sound good.
__________________

__________________
*Fact: Microsoft Window's Blue Screen of Death vs Computerforums.org's White Screen of Death. Which is worse?
ISOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 12:15 PM   #1342
Fully Optimized
 
D-Lew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,793
Send a message via AIM to D-Lew
Default Re: Car Thread!

You talking about intake or exhaust? For my intake I ripped my box out and put a cone on the end, and it certainly growled. I didn't like it at first but it grew on me. Exhaust, well, that's a given.
__________________

D-Lew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 12:15 PM   #1343
Golden Master
 
ArrizX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 16,073
Send a message via MSN to ArrizX
Default Re: Car Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDCorolla
I guess when it comes to cost, it's a nice starter car. Let's just hope that no one snatches it until Saturday because that car does stand out, especially those wheels.
Nah, no one is gonna snatch it.

Ha, you're right it does stand out with those wheels. Which is good and bad. Its cool that its flashy, but its one of the top most stolen cars in the US so thats also bad. Not to mention the loud exhaust that brings any more attention. So i'm going to wait on a sub before i'm consistant at a manual, and it's not like I need another reason for someone to break into the car.
__________________
. ()()()()
./l ,[_\_\ ],
l---L ()lllllll()-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
ArrizX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 12:16 PM   #1344
Golden Master
 
ArrizX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 16,073
Send a message via MSN to ArrizX
Default Re: Car Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Lew
You talking about intake or exhaust? For my intake I ripped my box out and put a cone on the end, and it certainly growled. I didn't like it at first but it grew on me. Exhaust, well, that's a given.
On the dual tipped tail pipe (which I took the picture down because I didnt have time to edit out the license plate) it looks like an APEX logo.
__________________
. ()()()()
./l ,[_\_\ ],
l---L ()lllllll()-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
ArrizX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 12:17 PM   #1345
Fully Optimized
 
D-Lew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,793
Send a message via AIM to D-Lew
Default Re: Car Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrizX
Nah, no one is gonna snatch it.

Ha, you're right it does stand out with those wheels. Which is good and bad. Its cool that its flashy, but its one of the top most stolen cars in the US so thats also bad. Not to mention the loud exhaust that brings any more attention. So i'm going to wait on a sub before i'm consistant at a manual, and it's not like I need another reason for someone to break into the car.
Get a Sparco steering wheel with a quick release and take it out every time you park. Forget "The Club," racing wheel = best anti-theft EVAR!
D-Lew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 12:19 PM   #1346
Fully Optimized
 
D-Lew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,793
Send a message via AIM to D-Lew
Default Re: Car Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrizX
On the dual tipped tail pipe (which I took the picture down because I didnt have time to edit out the license plate) it looks like an APEX logo.
I was actually answering TRD's question, but how does the exhaust sound?
D-Lew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 12:21 PM   #1347
Golden Master
 
ArrizX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 16,073
Send a message via MSN to ArrizX
Default Re: Car Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Lew
I was actually answering TRD's question, but how does the exhaust sound?

Oh, haha sorry. I don't know yet. I havent seen the car in person. All he said was that it was a loud car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Lew
Get a Sparco steering wheel with a quick release and take it out every time you park. Forget "The Club," racing wheel = best anti-theft EVAR!

Thats actually really smart..
__________________
. ()()()()
./l ,[_\_\ ],
l---L ()lllllll()-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
ArrizX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 12:27 PM   #1348
Golden Master
 
ISOwner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 12,208
Default Re: Car Thread!

The exhaust. I hear the resonator also makes a difference in the sound of your exhaust too. My car is DEAD quiet which sucks. The G35 got their sport tuned exhaust which makes a killer ripping noise, but the IS250 is just quiet. I was thinknig about getting the resonator cut out and have a muffler shop weld in a straight pipe to replace it. At the same time, it will be quiet under idle and for the most part. Once you stomp on it, whew, I want that tone to come out--but not loud like most aftermarket exhaust system produce. This baby's got dual exhaust and the sportiness of it is begging to come out.
__________________
*Fact: Microsoft Window's Blue Screen of Death vs Computerforums.org's White Screen of Death. Which is worse?
ISOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 12:53 PM   #1349
Fully Optimized
 
D-Lew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,793
Send a message via AIM to D-Lew
Default Re: Car Thread!

You could unbolt the pipes just to see what happens, then determine how much extra sound you want compared to when the pipes were on the car and go from there.
D-Lew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 06:02 PM   #1350
Fully Optimized
 
NeXuS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,960
Default Re: Car Thread!

Just upgrade your exhaust TRD :P.
__________________

__________________
//Antec 902 V3 Case, Intel i7-2600K (@4.5GHz 1.280V watercooled w/ Antec H2O Kuhler 920), 8GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz, ASUS P8P67 PRO B3, MSI 3GB N580 GTX Lightning Xtreme (@850MHz/2100MHz), 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3, Corsair HX850W Pro Series//
//XPS 410 C2D E6400 @ 2.13GHz, 2GB DDR2 667MHz, 250GB HD, eVGA 320mb 8800GTS(605/1900MHz)//
//AMD Athlon XP +2000, Socket A MSI-6390, 768 mb of PC 2100 RAM, AGP ATI RADEON 9600SE//

I <3 TrancE
NeXuS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0