web page as a resource

rapph

Beta member
Hello. I am trying to figure out a way to use our web page as a resource for updated files. I work configuring a specialized wood manufacturing program, which is used by 9 different designers in three different showrooms. This is a long, slow process taking several months to complete, but during the time I am working on this, these 9 designers need to update their "parameters" file with the new one I am developing on a daily basis. I want to upload this directory to our website, and somehow enable these designers to copy the files in it to the appropriate place on their hard drive. The path will be identical on all 9 computers, and it seems to me there should be a way to write a routine that will go to the website, copy the files in this directory to that specific address on their hard drive. It would be even better if this happened automatically when they booted their computer up first thing every day. Can anyone tell me if this sounds possible, and if so, how to go about making it happen?

Back
Top Bottom