which skill set is needed for PDA Programming

Tanvi

Solid State Member
Can anyone tell me which skill set is needed for mobile computing and PDA Programming?
Which language is best fr programming in the same?
Java or .NET? why???

Thanks...

Lord Kalthorn said:
.NET; cause its Microsoft and Ultimately the OS you'll be using on the PDA is Windows.

:) Thanks......but can u guide me what and how should i learn to start PDA Programming?

Lord Kalthorn said:
Course at a Local College?

No No !!! i m from India..
I want to learn on my own from internet or from book....not by course in any college...
But i dont know how to start learning...which book or site i should refer? etc...

if you want to do something really cool (and be a trend setter!) I think a good language to look at is GTK-PHP, it GIMP ToolKit for PHP,
enabling you to make graphical applications with the powre of PHP scripts.
http://gtk.php.net/...
the applications you make will work on windows machine linux machines macs... (because PHP has cross platform ports)...
you'll also be able to connect to al databases etc to make applications.
the applications you make will also work really well on PDAs, simply because PHP has such a low processing overhead.

Certianly embedded Linux is taking of really well since Redhat started developing embedded kernels and applications, (what I'm saying is learning a microsoft specific language is not really going to give you a very broad scope)...

Besides which the most popular embedded OS isn't Microsoft Pocket PC it's Symbian (which is used on most PDA phones as well as lots of pocket organisers). You also have to consider there is Palm OS, and embedded Java OS's using J2ME...

root said:
if you want to do something really cool (and be a trend setter!) I think a good language to look at is GTK-PHP, it GIMP ToolKit for PHP,
enabling you to make graphical applications with the powre of PHP scripts.
http://gtk.php.net/...
the applications you make will work on windows machine linux machines macs... (because PHP has cross platform ports)...
you'll also be able to connect to al databases etc to make applications.
the applications you make will also work really well on PDAs, simply because PHP has such a low processing overhead.

Certianly embedded Linux is taking of really well since Redhat started developing embedded kernels and applications, (what I'm saying is learning a microsoft specific language is not really going to give you a very broad scope)...

Besides which the most popular embedded OS isn't Microsoft Pocket PC it's Symbian (which is used on most PDA phones as well as lots of pocket organisers). You also have to consider there is Palm OS, and embedded Java OS's using J2ME...

hey thanks root!!!!
ur suggesiton is really considerable but actually at a foundation level and to take a start i think.NET is good as i m comfortable with it...even i m not aware of Sumbian or like that....So...what do u think?
Hey can u suggest me any site for that to learn?
Really i Need it.......plzzzzzz

Back
Top Bottom