Shared elements on html page

mims1979

Solid State Member
For the longest time I've used frontpage to create shared borders that contain navigation elements, mainly because its easier to change one page and have that update all my pages when I change the navigation structure. However, I'm sick of the frontpage bloat that is associated with shared borders. All pages are have htm extensions, no shtml, asp, etc. Is there any way to acheave the same effect as shared borders without using frontpage? From what I can find, I cant use ssi on an html page unless I change the extension to shtml. I've got a couple thousand pages, and ranked pretty good in search engines getting around 30k in visitors a month so I dont want to have to rename any pages inorder to do this. Any Ideas?

Yes, im very familiar with html, perl, and asp. PHP isnt a stretch from perl so if I have to do it in PHP i could.

Why don't you come up with something in PHP like a header and footer system printed on each page. That is what i do. That was you can keep static URLs.

1. Currently I have all my navigation buttons down the left side of the page and a footer at the bottom, I'd like to keep it that way.
2. What is the syntax to include a php page in an htm page?

So you are saying to recode all my pages in php and leave the htm extension. or are you saying to make an include that points to a php page. can you give me an example?

What ever you want to do. I can't really give you an example, I am just letting you know you can convert your site to php without changing an extension.

Back
Top Bottom