New to web programming..

Alien*Nation_

Solid State Member
Hello :) all..just to introduce me self..my name is Amgad and id really like
to learn web designing/programming..if any one can point me to the right
direction id appreciate it..what programs that i could start with or tutorials i can read...thanks alot.. ;)

Alien*Nation,

The first language you need to learn is HTML. HTML stands for Hyper Text Markup Language. It's the language that makes up all the pages on the Internet. Then if you wanted to make your pages more dynamic you could learn a server side language like PHP, ASP or a client side scripting language such as Javascript! Here is a page with a collection of nice web programming tutorials.

http://www.w3schools.com/

I hope this is what you wanted. :)

Jordie

Don't forget CSS or Cascading Style Sheets this controls how your webpage is displayed, it can be very useful and is easy to pick up.

O great..thank you so very much...
ill get right to it...
i have been learning Html for awhile by myself
never thought of going javascript or CSS

one more question though.....whats mySQL?, is it like a data base
manager ?
where you have accounts and stuff..
also id like to know how to make a forum you know with accounts
profiles avatars and so on...

but i think ill go step by step..ill let the forum be the last thing on mind

thank you :)

MySQL isn't a database manager, it's the actual database. You can do some crazy things with it if you take the time to learn it.

mySQL and PHP. Good free open source combo, but you need to find a host that supports PHP. ASP.NET has a huge learning curve, but can do a lot of cool things. HTML and JavaScript are probably the best places to start. Just Google "JavaScript Tutorial" and you'll get more than you'll ever need.

Note that HTML is slowly - painfully slowly - morphing into XHTML. This is the integration of XML with HTML. The code is a bit stricter, but it's not impossible to figure out. Good to be aware of while you're learning HTML and web programming.

If you're looking at books, the new book "Beginning Web Programming with HTML, XHTML, and CSS" by Wrox gives a good overview. Plus, it's from 2004 so it's farily up to date. It doesn't suffer from the typical Wrox "throw 1000 programmers at it" approach. Plus it's pricey.

thanks for all the info guys , i now know exactly what to do and how to start...i have been actually , thanx to that dude who gave me the url www.w3schools.com , its been very useful , ive learnt alot by just reading the "learn to" tutorials ^^ now after i finsh with HTML and css
ill start on mySQL and java scripting...

Atlast...i finally began to learn..after years of being lost and ofcourse being a kid...not knowing where to start and what to learn...and to think i was a google ("computer forums") away to find this forum...

thanks again and ofcourse ill be asking tons o questions for the times to come

:)

Back
Top Bottom