need help with java an meta search engines

meadam

Solid State Member
wounder if anyone can help,...getting furiously frustrated with a piece of coursework for my internet computing degree. doing a group project which is supposed to consist of 5 members but now it's only me. the task is to program a SIMPLE meta search engine, not really sure where to start, i have not had much experience with programming and need to be pointed in the right direction, i apreciate and thank in advance for anybody who can help. geting quite worried as it takes up a big percentage of my degree. java is the language have to use, first time i've used a forum for this type of query

I must admit, programming a search engine does sound pretty damn fun! I should get around to learning some time soon; when I have some spare time after GCSEs!

So, what is Matrix28?

Lord Kalthorn said:
So, what is Matrix28?

Matrix28 is pretty much Daves main site. Has tuts on web programming, bit of computer programming etc.

Lord Kalthorn said:
Cool, I'll have to look on it tommorow - to late now to be looking at anything but this!

It's not that late ... could be later. I used to sit and concentrate on stuff at 4 in the morning ... I even had to work at a forum to get it up and running again if it got hacked ... had to rewrite all the rules on Boards, meanwhile still (unsuccesffuly) finding the location of this "mysterious" hacker. Hell, I've gone a week without sleep. Couple of cups of coffee at night, unlimited amount of snacks, a glass of an alcoholic drink of some sort, and something to concentrate on and i ended up with a few nice nights in. You can ask Dave for proof of how dreadful i looked and how pissed off i was in the mornings when i had to go to school ... I would either say to you "leave me alone i wanna go to sleep" or you'd get a occasional "ug" and a small smile from me before my head collapsed and banged against the table.

Back
Top Bottom