HTML Links

dIxie

Baseband Member
Odd question that I am trying to find a solution for. I am trying to create a link type that will bounce the person back to their browser start up page.

So if you click the link to get away from my website you will be returned to the same page that you would normally get when opening up your browser, without of course disrupting any other windows that are open.

Got any ideas?

I know what you are talking about. I will have to find an example for you. I can do that later today. I will post back with some code for you as an example.

My only issue that may come up is that it has to be strictly done in html. The location of this website will not support php or javascript otherwise I would have it done already.

It is a host problem. Unfortunately. They are looking for a way to keep their current host as a lower cost option.

I am not sure if this can be done in just HTML alone. Even Javascript implementations of this are far from perfect, and cross-browser compatibility is a problem (on top of that, even browser updates can sometimes come with different ways to reference the home page). This inconsistency between browsers and updates makes a single one-size-fits-all solution impossible for the time being, and that is what would be required to create a HTML only solution to this problem

That said, I think setting the link to "about:home" should work for most versions of Firefox and IE, but not Chrome or Safari. No scripting removes any chance of detecting the browser and tailoring the link to suit. If this functionality is required, it would probably be worthwhile to go with a different host, even if the cost is marginally higher.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

I agree, a completely html option just isn't there. I was trying to come up with an option for you in both html5 and html4. I just can't seem to come up with one. Like Trivium said there is just too much incompatibility with all the browsers these days.

HTML is stands for Hyper Text Markup Language. It is use for developing the static web page for your website. It can enable you a lots of things which you can do with it. Like creating form, content, design, link and so on.

Back
Top Bottom