how do you post and edit your sites?

lappyhappy

Beta member
ok pardon the noobie questions but... when i post websites i edit them in frontpage and post them with smartftp.

my question is... how else can you edit html and post sites? i had someone build me a site with php and css and i want to basically make some minor changes on my own... but i don't know how to "access" the html for the site and then manipulate it and repost it. all the backend stuff is done, i just don't like the way it looks, so i want to redesign the pages. when i "view source" and paste the html into frontpage, it's all mucked up and i wouldn't know where to post it even if i could edit it in frontpage

I'm not sure if you can edit PHP files in front page,

certainly most of the colourschemes will be set using the style sheet...

the HTML is written from the PHP, so to edit the page, you'l really need to understand what is happening in the PHP and edit the print and echo statements.

root said:
I'm not sure if you can edit PHP files in front page,

certainly most of the colourschemes will be set using the style sheet...

the HTML is written from the PHP, so to edit the page, you'l really need to understand what is happening in the PHP and edit the print and echo statements.

OK definately in over my head here. :) i'm going to buy some books on this stuff tonight. thanks for the reply

Back
Top Bottom