Add Tuts

DJ Stephen

Fully Optimized
Hi,

Sorry im asking so much im currently making a tutorial site, does anyone know what sort of php code i will need to have a form people fill out and it will ask me to add it to the correct catorgory?

Thanks
Steven

webmonkey, I have looked at your PHP/HTML code, and your graphics for your tutorial site. And to be frank, I Absolutely love it! It looks great, those two shades of green are really the best colors to make your logo/header look like that. Also I may have a somewhat code for the above...I Will post it in a few.

If you would like alot more of my help (I'm not greatly experienced in PHP but I am ok) then please add me to MSN
daflipperman [at] hotmail [dotcom].

edit - do you want it to work through email?

link to the site in question....
flipper has seen it?

what sort of form do you want?
are you looknig to aprove the tutorial first? if so then why not have people email it to you?

well in that case why not have...

<form action="mail.php" method="post">
Your email address: <input type="text" name="email" />
Your tutorial title: <input type="text" name="title" />
category: <select name="category">
<option value="strings">Strings</option>
<option value="forms">Forms</option>
<option value="mailers">Mailers</option>
(etc...)
</select>
<textarea name="tutorial" rows="14" cols="30">
</textarea>
<input type="submit">
</form>

then a php paeg with this code

<?php
$email = $_REQUEST['email'];
$title = $_REQUEST['title'];
$category = $_REQUEST['category'];
$tutorial = $_REQUEST['tutorial'];

$body = "Hello steven\r\n
you've recieved an email from $email about a tutorial for your site, the tutorial is titled\r\r\n$title\r\n and is as follows:\r\r\r\n$tutorial\r\r\nthanks for your time!";

mail("your email address here", "Tutorial mailer", $body);

?>

you may have to look up that I've used the mail function correctly...

If this is too messy, then perhaps you should combine it with a file upload script, (however allowing people to upload files to yuor server could see people trying to abuse the service, and uploading rubbish to use up yuor disk space.

I believe webmonkey and I will have to code an administration panel...maybe that could mail to an admin panel?

Back
Top Bottom