Your reviews on Marvelous Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

iron hide

Beta member
Hello everyone,

I have started a new forum site (a month ago) and want to know what do you guys think about my site. Please throw whatever you thing, good or bad. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Here is the link:

This site is about computers, technology, IT Certification (compTIA A+, Network+ and Cisco CCNA, CCNP) and all other good stuff ;)
Thanks

As a member there, I really dislike the amount of stuff in the user info column in posts. It's way too much. Also, the site is very slow.

Loads fine for me. But about the user info. The "extras" are a bit of over doing it. Makes it look like the bling bling is more important than the content. Plus look at all the dead real estate you're wasting because the "bling" has created a column that's taller than most posts. A one line post and I have to scroll down, looking at all that white to get the the next post. You want to keep all that? Might want to consider switching to a postbit layout.
Moving along. The header/navbar looks pretty neat. Like that. The rest of it that I looked at is clean and simple.

As a member there, I really dislike the amount of stuff in the user info column in posts. It's way too much. Also, the site is very slow.

Please check your internet connection before posting non-sense.

@setishock,
Thanks for the suggestion, I contacted the vendor who created this plugin to have it customized. They said, they will release an update soon where I cam customize postbit.

Thanks

Please check your internet connection before posting non-sense.

Lags for me too (5-10s) when making the initial connection to the server. Once I'm on the site though, browsing is normal.

The site looks good to me, with the exception of the bandwagon I'm gonna jump on with the numerous user stats. The achievement add-on is very cool. The color scheme is nice as well as the header. The custom icons per forum section are a nice aesthetic touch as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom