Computer Forums

Computer Forums (http://www.computerforums.org/forums/)
-   Web Design and Development | Site Reviews (http://www.computerforums.org/forums/web-design-development-site-reviews/)
-   -   My Tutorial Site (http://www.computerforums.org/forums/web-design-development-site-reviews/my-tutorial-site-190340.html)

TheGuruHouse 04-27-2009 05:31 PM

My Tutorial Site
 
Hey everyone.. New to this site. I'll probably be using this quite often.

I'm looking for people to help me with my website. It is a tutorial hosting site... but it only hosts original tutorials. these tutorials are mainly on design but branch out to programming, website building, operating systems, networking modding etc.

I need people to moderate the forums, help with tutorials, help with the layout, get traffic, manage it etc. I just really want a community of people like this but obviously it will have a slight topic difference.

Any ideas or anyone interested in being apart of it?

I would also like to find some people to start programming with. It doesn't really matter to me what it is.. application, game or whatever. I want to learn more about the programming field.

Anyone interested in this?

My site URL is http://theguruhouse.com

Thanks everyone!

burn420 04-27-2009 08:41 PM

Re: My Tutorial Site
 
So you want to put up only ORIGINAL tutorials... Yet you use Joomla to make/manage your site... Kind of contradictive don't ya think?

TheGuruHouse 04-27-2009 08:56 PM

Re: My Tutorial Site
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by burn420 (Post 922208)
So you want to put up only ORIGINAL tutorials... Yet you use Joomla to make/manage your site... Kind of contradictive don't ya think?

Not at all...
What does Joomla! have to do with content? Or the tutorials? Nothing!

burn420 04-28-2009 12:54 AM

Re: My Tutorial Site
 
Lmao... If you want originality, why not do originality... Though yes anyone can build a site with a CMS, and yes anyone can type out a tutorial... But honestly, coming from doing something similar to what your doing, if I was going to ask for only original content, then I would have the website just as original... Just as it is... I built my entire cms, by my hands, my entire site was done by my hands... And though what is up as of right now, may not look that great, at least I did it, at least it really is original...
To be honest with ya, when I first looked at your site, I was thinking that I would help you with some content, then I looked a bit deeper, and saw that you didn't actually design it, then I figured screw it, if I am going to put my originality online, I want it to me online with originality... Just as it will be...

setishock 04-28-2009 05:31 AM

Re: My Tutorial Site
 
Burn420 I have had enough of your beating every body up because they didn't code their site from scratch. You are a dyed in the wool jerk when it comes to that.
Not every one knows how to code from scratch. Most assuredly that includes you. Your web page if you can call it that is a POS.
So clean up your own yard before you go criticizing your neibours...

And mods ya'll can ban me if you like. But how long are you going to let this fool get away with this?

j03 04-28-2009 10:29 AM

Re: My Tutorial Site
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by setishock (Post 922280)
Burn420 I have had enough of your beating every body up because they didn't code their site from scratch. You are a dyed in the wool jerk when it comes to that.
Not every one knows how to code from scratch. Most assuredly that includes you. Your web page if you can call it that is a POS.
So clean up your own yard before you go criticizing your neibours...


And mods ya'll can ban me if you like. But how long are you going to let this fool get away with this?

I couldnt agree more.

tom-knox 04-28-2009 10:58 AM

Re: My Tutorial Site
 
Warning this post contains explicit levels of ranting.
Quote:

Originally Posted by setishock (Post 922280)
Burn420 I have had enough of your beating every body up because they didn't code their site from scratch. You are a dyed in the wool jerk when it comes to that.
Not every one knows how to code from scratch. Most assuredly that includes you. Your web page if you can call it that is a POS.
So clean up your own yard before you go criticizing your neibours...

And mods ya'll can ban me if you like. But how long are you going to let this fool get away with this?

Absolute agreement here. Why should he spend the time building a custom cms when there are highly engineered open source ones out there already. It's a complete false economy. Plus if i was taking advice on content management system building and design you'd be the last guy i asked, and before you pop back up to tell us all it's a working progress i wonder what gives you the high ground here? The OP'er is most likely not a guy wanting to learn code and database structure but instead he wants to offer some of his spare time up to contribute to the IT community. Contributing helpful work is a concept you should probably look into burn. Whilst you're at it "i-can-learn-a-language-in-10-days man" why not looking into a code of respect for other people. P***k.

Yours sincerely
Tom Knox
Signed. Sealed. Delivered

TheGuruHouse 04-28-2009 03:52 PM

Re: My Tutorial Site
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by burn420 (Post 922265)
Lmao... If you want originality, why not do originality...

Yet again.. What does a CMS have to do with providing people with tutorials and useful information.

Quote:

Originally Posted by burn420 (Post 922265)
Though yes anyone can build a site with a CMS, and yes anyone can type out a tutorial...

No.. NOT anyone can type out a tutorial. You have to actually know what your talking about. So another "fail" on your part.


Quote:

Originally Posted by burn420 (Post 922265)
But honestly, coming from doing something similar to what your doing, if I was going to ask for only original content, then I would have the website just as original... Just as it is... I built my entire cms, by my hands, my entire site was done by my hands...

ONCE AGAIN. The content of my site has nothing to do with the layout. I have also built sites from scratch. I DO know HTML and PHP.

Quote:

Originally Posted by burn420 (Post 922265)
And though what is up as of right now, may not look that great, at least I did it, at least it really is original...

You're right. It doesn't look that great. In fact, It hurts my eyes and is very unorganized.


Quote:

Originally Posted by burn420 (Post 922265)
To be honest with ya, when I first looked at your site, I was thinking that I would help you with some content, then I looked a bit deeper, and saw that you didn't actually design it, then I figured screw it, if I am going to put my originality online, I want it to me online with originality... Just as it will be...

You should look into using an open source CMS. (They are free and available to anyone. You can even edit the code! XD XD XD XD) But seriously, the people who made these CMSs are very generous and did a very good job. There is no reason that they should be bashed (same for the users) for creating/using them.

tom-knox 04-28-2009 04:32 PM

Re: My Tutorial Site
 
Right on mate. Glad to hear you not wasting time listening to our resident cms bitch. I'm sure i could help you out with content but not for a while, gcse exams for the next month and a half plus i have a lot of commitments elsewhere atm. I'll get back to you with am update when i get it.

TheGuruHouse 04-28-2009 04:40 PM

Re: My Tutorial Site
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by tom-knox (Post 922390)
Right on mate. Glad to hear you not wasting time listening to our resident cms bitch. I'm sure i could help you out with content but not for a while, gcse exams for the next month and a half plus i have a lot of commitments elsewhere atm. I'll get back to you with am update when i get it.

I'm going to be busy myself. Next week is CISCO finals.. then I get to take the ICDN1 certification test.. oh what fun. :P
I as well have commitments..

(my 360 just came in while typing this! Whoo! XD)

Sorry.. very excited.

Thanks a lot though for willing to help out! I much appreciate it Good luck on your exams.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:22 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0