Faces of Facebook

Ag10077

Beta member
Hi there. I didn't know what Category to put this in so I really hope someone can please help answer this question for me. I saw this site app.thefacesoffacebook.com that indexes all 1.23 billion people and shows their profile pictures on one page. You are able to find yourself and your friends on there. It was a project created by Natalie Rojas. You can read more about it here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2438898/Faces-Facebook-Discover-profile-pictures-1-15-billion-members-ONE-place.html. My question is: How did she make this website? If it ever got taken down I'd like to make my own. Because I love discovering new people on there. Apparently she indexed all profiles using computer codes. But can anyone tell me how would someone go about making this website? Thank you.

Hmm I don't understand this either :p, could it be an admin/demoted-admin, of facebook?

She must have used crawl bots programmed to just look for profile pictures. She might not get shut down but FB may block her bots sooner or later.

Back
Top Bottom