XP wont start... HELP!!!

nbalaji87

Beta member
Okay, I wake up monday morning and send an email, my computer is working okay, no problems Then I need to restart, and I can't seem to do so, when I try to restart I get the screen that says that windows did not start successfully and a recent hardware or software change might have coused this. They give me the following options:

Safe
Safe mode w/networking
Safe mode w/command prompt

Last known good configuration

Start Windows Normally

Only when I select ANYTHING the XP loading screen comes and then the Blue screen of death shows up and it mentions a registry error and "starting dump of physical memory" and then "Physical dump complete" And the computer the process repeats with it rebooting again, and XP never loads. I don't have the XP recovery disk with me (I'm on vacation) but can anyone tell me what to do to once I have the disk to save my laptop!!!!

Once you have Mr. Disky, all you need to do is use a bootable DOS floppy to reformat the HD, and then all you need to do is install xp again.

You know, this is just a shot in the dark, but it says something about a hardware change and then a memory dump? Maybe memory or MotherBored burned out.

Yeah... If it won't let you reformat and reinstall xp, something's wrong with hardware. If something's wrong with hardware, use the warranty. You did spend the xtra 20 bucks to buy one, didn't you?

I don't think its a hardware problem, because the fan and everything is working okay, and its a pretty new laptop... I haven't installed any new hardware or anything like that. Can I repair, because i would rather not reformat because I don't have everything backed up. I'll probably be back home and have the disk by friday. It has a warranty, its just that I'd rather not lose my data.

hmm there is one way to get that stuff backed up. google BART PE boot disc. its a cd that can boot a xp version of windows. (get the most recent one cause that has the software you need) and (hope you got a burner on that) use nero to burn it to disc. if you only have one drive start up nero and remove the disc and insert a blank. browse for the files you want to back up. then reinstall xp.

Back
Top Bottom