xp wont boot

sensesfail

Baseband Member
Hi
i think I posted in the wrong place and these are the last 3 threads of my post.
Can Anybody help
Thanks

Finally got to recovery console,need to replace file
SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\nvata.sys
Can somebody tell me how to do this
thanks

That's a system file. You're going the long and most dangerous route.
From the start button select run. Type in just as you see it here. sfc /scannow
Yes the space is in there for a reason. But if you leave it out it doesn't work. Put your xp cd in the drive and when it opens click exit. Next click ok on the command window and go have lunch.

Hi
Thanks for the quick reply but unfortunately the machine will not boot and it only goes as far as telling me that the file is missing or corrupt.
Can I do it another way ?
thanks________________

The system halts because of this system file? Will it allow you to boot without the file? If so, then you can try the above suggestion. If not, the recovery console is about your only choice, other than a repair. I did a quick search, and I seen that this is error is related to an Nvidia Device, probably an SLI Video Card- or chipset on the MoBo- not sure yet. Did some more searching- related to a video card. Can you remove the video card, and see if the computer will boot? If not, it looks like the only fix is a reinstall of Windows. I found this thread here on another forum, that may be of some use. Click Here
Check out what atomicdalton had to say. Hope this helps. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom