XP Installation disk creation

Mal1

In Runtime
Hi, I was just wondering if it was possible to create an installation disk (just like the normal ones) for XP Pro via burning relevant files obtained from the hard drive which it is installed on. I have a machine with XP Pro on obtained via MSDNAA, and my wife has a similar machine. Mine, however, has a disk whereas her's does not.
I can now obtain Vista Business via MSDNAA and would like to install this on her machine (after a suitable time period for problems to be dealt with) and I don't want to waste the copy of XP Pro that is already on her machine.
Many thanks in advance.

hi,

if im right you have a machine that has xp pro on it and you want to install vista but dont want to waste the copy of xp (or something along them lines)

as far as i know the only way to get xp from a machine is to use norton ghost and take an image of the whole machine although.

if you intend to put the xp on the same machine at a later date it should work fine although if you are putting the xp on a different machine you may have some driver issues.

hope thats useful please reply if you want more info on anything i said
and sorry if it was not what you wanted.

Scott

cant you just download a copy off the torrents and use your legal key (xp pro)

hi dude,

i think the key depending on what license he bought is only valid on one comp and assuming he has done an updates since he has had the pc microsoft would have ticked it off their list so to speak,

and he might want to stay legal ....

Scott

P.S nice laptop

Thanks for your help, I'll decide what to do at a later date, once Vista has been ironed out a little and SP1 (which is bound to be some time soon) has corrected all the problems.

cheers mate. i thought he wanted a copy to install on the same pc if he got rid of vista. if this is the case then the key should still work as its the same pc

Back
Top Bottom