Windows or Mac

That guy is F'ed up,lol.

jordans i wouldn't take that video into your decision just in cause you we going to (who knows)

Hey MarxSoccer you should put that video in social lounge, it's really funny.

I have used both Win and Mac for audio editing and recording. Both have their quirks, but I have had to do far more troubleshooting on the windows than mac, (same hardware MBox and software ProTools LE6.4) It depends on what software you want to use. In some cases it may be better to use windows with specific hardware, but you'd have to make sure that you get the right stuff. The risk with windows that I have found is even if you have anti-virus, spyware, adware and other malware protection, after a while (1-6months) performance degrades under windows and you'll have to reload windows. My suggestion if you go with windows is make sure you have somethin like Norton Ghost or at least multiple partioins (one for the OS and the other for your programs and data so you can reload windows without affecting your data).

Windows can be a real pain if you get infected, the risk of macs getting viruses is much lower.

I would say, whatever youre most comfortable with. Ive been using windows my whole life and i love it. Sure, there are more problems with windows than any other operating system concerning viruses, -wares, etc. This is because the majority of computer users have windows and most of these viruses, etc. are built and targeted from and to windows users. With all the different OSs out there, its harder to target them due to their different structure such as the security and file system.

I hear that Macs are good for editing, but i really hate them. ive used them in school five times and its hard to adjust to a new environment, so i just stick with windows. There is a balance for everything... If you choose Macs, you sacrifice compatibility and usability for performance and security. The decision is on you... If youre used to windows then stick with it, but if youre up to it, you can try and learn the Mac environment.

AnonymousI said:
I would say, whatever youre most comfortable with. Ive been using windows my whole life and i love it. Sure, there are more problems with windows than any other operating system concerning viruses, -wares, etc. This is because the majority of computer users have windows and most of these viruses, etc. are built and targeted from and to windows users. With all the different OSs out there, its harder to target them due to their different structure such as the security and file system.

I hear that Macs are good for editing, but i really hate them. ive used them in school five times and its hard to adjust to a new environment, so i just stick with windows. There is a balance for everything... If you choose Macs, you sacrifice compatibility and usability for performance and security. The decision is on you... If youre used to windows then stick with it, but if youre up to it, you can try and learn the Mac environment.

Very true. Whether you can adapt easily to new environments will also be a factor in what you choose, just make sure you get the advice from someone who knows the hardware and what you'll need. (ie not London Drugs et al.) Make sure it's someone you trust and that they really know their stuff. I've often run into sales people who don't actually have a clue trying to BS me when it comes to computers.

Back
Top Bottom