Windows 8 Printers ??

Vettecor

Solid State Member
I bought a new Dell with Windows 8 installed. First hour or so I started to pack the new computer up and send back because I did not like Windows 8. I am glad I didn't because I really like it now.

I tried to install my Lexmark printer on my new Dell and found out its NOT compatible with Windows 8, (bummer).

So I started looking for Windows 8 printers online. I can't find any printers specifically made for Windows 8 !!

I am sure I could buy a printer that works on Windows 7 and it probably would work on Windows 8.

Are there any printers out there for Windows 8 ? If not when should Windows 8 printers be available ?

Thanks

As of right now no printers specifically state that they are Windows 8 compatible. But you should be able to check the printer manufacturer's site to see if they have Windows 8 drivers for their devices or not. I know HP has already released drivers for many of their products to be Windows 8 compatible, but they dont advertise it.

and also I think windows 7 drivers should be compatible with windows 8.. didn't try one.. and as suggested by Junior777 go for HP..

The Windows 7 drivers for my Kodak printer work fine with Windows 8, drivers for Vista or Win 7 should be compatible with Win 8.

Yes the drivers could be backwards compatible, Windows 8 has been out for about for 3 almost 4 months now and printer manufacturers still haven't put drivers out for windows 8...

Not all win7 drivers work with Win8. Yes there are a few for some printers that do, but others that do not give the printer full functionality.

Junior777 said:
Not all win7 drivers work with Win8. Yes there are a few for some printers that do, but others that do not give the printer full functionality.

Yes they not be able to use program's to scan, edit documents, hopefully in the next few months there will be better support for windows 8 for all devices..

Back
Top Bottom