Windows 7 explorer.exe virus

Geness

In Runtime
Hey, I seem to have ran into a problem while turning my computer on. Seems my computer caught an infection, my desktop shows nothing but a black screen along with the mouse.

To be honest this isn't surprising as I had the anti virus off last night :facepalm: due to a suspicion that the anti virus was blocking my games launcher as this has been an issue in the past. I didn't think having it off for literally 2 minutes would cause me to catch something so nasty but it happened.

I'm currently using the task manager to navigate through everything atm including the forums, I have malware bytes running and it has found the problem. I used Avast before hand but it wouldn't let it repair it due to it being writen or some crap along those lines.

Anything else I should be trying as I'm kind of new to this problem. :confused:

Edit: I tried launching the explorer.exe from task manager and it literally said "Operation could not complete succesfully because it contains a virus".

Last edited:
I used majority of those programs the other few are just clean up software.

Also if you going to use the anti-virus software or the cd, i would boot up to safe mode before using the software or cd so that nothing is running in the back ground. This will give you a better chance at getting rid of that virus.

Unsuccessful thinking about just pulling my music and photos to an external and reinstall windows because this is quite a frustrating virus

Have you got a backup of your files already, If so then wipe the drive and reinstall Windows..

Okay so I just turned on the computer but it seems the tool bar and the icons decided to show itself again. :rofl: This virus is throwing me for a loop I feel seriously trolled right now.

I have my avast running, going to have the malware bytes go soon after. :confused:

Back
Top Bottom