From Vista To XP?

dankup

Solid State Member
I'm thinking of going from Windows Vista to Windows XP on my notebook. No games can run at ALL. This is because I only have 1 GB of RAM and Vista needs 2 GB to run properly. When I say no games I mean no games. A very bad game such as MapleStory can't run... That's how bad it is. Since I know XP doesn't need as much RAM to operate it will be fine. Some questions though:

1) Since I'm going to downgrade to Windows XP (I have the CD for it) can it mess up my notebook in anyway which had Vista on it when I bought it?

2) If I do get Windows XP on my notebook, will/should games technically run and be played better now that more RAM is free for them? I know that it's not only RAM that affects the game - play but since I'm not going to be buying ANY computer parts for my notebook, switching OS's is the best I could do.

Here are my specs for the notebook:

OS: Windows Vista Home Premium (I'm not sure if it's 32 - bit or 64 - bit. I'm saying 32 - bit though)

RAM: 958 Megabytes Installed Memory (1 GB) Dual Chanel

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 1.70 GHz Dual Core

Motherboard: Quanta 30B7 65.28

Graphic Card: It's integrated: NVIDIA GeForce Go 6150

Again, please answer my questions above. Thanks - you in advance.

Before you start go to the manufacturers website and ensure there are XP drivers for your notebook.

since I'm not going to be buying ANY computer parts for my notebook, switching OS's is the best I could do.

Why is this? Memory has seriously come down in price. You can get 2gb (2x1gb) for around $40 at newegg.com. Or even 4gb (2x2gb) for around $75.

I agree though with freestyler though, something must be seriously wrong if Maple Story can't play on your pc as is. What's the status of your Aero setting ... on/off? Ensuring it is off, should help in relieving stress on your current memory.

LMAO!

first of all, some of the posters are right. Go to the maker's site and make sure you can get drivers for your notebook in Windows XP.

Secondly, dude. Why buy another gig of memory for an OS if you can buy another gig of RAM to twice as much apps in XP?

Secondly, dude. Why buy another gig of memory for an OS if you can buy another gig of RAM to twice as much apps in XP?

I think I get your point (don't necessarily agree with it) but either way, you're supporting my point of buying more memory. You try to come off all smart and intelligent in your first post, but in the end you pretty much just state "buy more memory" which is what I suggested in the first place. Go figure. Besides, I'm suggesting more than just 1 gb.

I think you rea going to make the right choice, because Vista takes so much resources and the games can't load.

Back
Top Bottom