Ubuntu to XP

Michael.

Beta member
Hello there :). I have a Hp G60-530us laptop and it came with Windows 7, then I decided to switch to Ubuntu and kept it for a while. Now I have an XP disk and decided to try switch OS's to XP. I backed up what files I wanted and then basically restarted the computer (that is all I did to prepare to install XP by the way), hit F10 to access some settings where I changed the boot order to boot from the CD, and a blue Windows Setup screen came up. I let it run until it said starting windows...then the screen came up saying:

"A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer *(I did and received the same error screen)*. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check for viruses on your computer. Remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers. Check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated.
Run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer.

Technical information:
*** STOP: 0x0000007B (0xF78D2524, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)"

I am essentially a n00b when it comes to these things, so any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Michael

Welcome to CF!

At what point during the install is this happening?

There's an entire page here for the problem over at Microsoft.

did you delete/create the partition then format the drive? you should have no problem after doing this.

Back
Top Bottom