Turning off computers wirelessly

Brett_the_Vanda

Beta member
Well lately I've had this problem of wanting on the internet from my PSP. So i leave my Desktop on with the Verizon internet connected. I turn the screen off and go to my room to get on the Internet so i can update my PSP and things of that sort. Then i get ready for bed and forget to turn off the computer.

So i was wondering if there was a website or some sort of way to turn off the computer wireless from my PSP through my router or something. if there was I'd be very appreciative if someone would tell me how.

Thanks.

I have no idea if this will work as I have not tried it, but there is a VNC application for the PSP (hacked PSP, of course). If it actually works, you could VNC (kind of like Remote Desktop) into your PC and just run Shutdown. This is all in theory, however.

What OS are you running? I haven't got a PSP so there's no way I know of from that. The shutdown command can turn off computers over a network on XP, but you need to be on a compatible box to use it!

What about setting a scheduled task to shut your PC down at a certain time (after you've gone to bed)? You can put a timer on it so if you're actually active and on the PC at that time you can just run shutdown -a and abort it.

This is of course assuming you're running windows!

I'm running Windows XP. so the whole timer thing to shutdown could work out. And my PSP isnt hacked and i dont really wanna hack it just to shut down the computer without having to walk back out of my room.

thanks greatly guys.

Wait. I dont know how to put a timer/schedule thing on it though. could you tell me how to do it?

What ive done b4 is create a batch file with notepad (shutdown -f -s). Save as .bat file and then go to start/all programs/accessories/system tools/scheduled tasks/ and use the wizard to run the batch file at a certain time everyday... Im sure others have different ideas.

So yeah. i think my problem will be solved anyway. without having to remotely turn off my computer or by scheduling it to turn off. My dad is all "screw verizon! this is bull. We're gettin over charged and underserviced." so he's gonna pay out the ass to cancel this shit and get us with Cook wireless internet. which will go straight into the router and not have to be turned off every night. so yeah. thanks for all the help. but it is all unnecessary now.

Back
Top Bottom