ThirdPartyAppMgr.exe

KJLai

In Runtime
Hey guys,

I have this .exe on my Sony Laptop, ThirdPartyAppMgr.exe. I was wondering if its a type of virus, malware or something? My friend told me it was like a virus or something. I just want to make sure.

When I tried to end task the program/software, it connects to my smartwifi connectivity.

Please let me know

Thanks!!

KLai

I found the following information from ThirdPartyAppMgr.exe Windows process - What is it?
The process known as ThirdPartyAppMgr belongs to software SmartWi Connection Utility by Sony Corporation of America (Sony USA - Consumer Electronics Products, Movies, Music, Games and Services).
Description: ThirdPartyAppMgr.exe is located in a subfolder of "C:\Program Files". Known file sizes on Windows 7/XP are 17,920 bytes (91% of all occurrences), 28,672 bytes or 23,552 bytes.
There is no file information. The program has no visible window. It is not a Windows core file. ThirdPartyAppMgr.exe seems to be a compressed file. Therefore the technical security rating is 44% dangerous, however also read the users reviews.
You might want to uninstall the software SmartWi Connection Utility using the "Add or Remove Programs" function of Windows Control Panel (Windows: Start, Settings, Control Panel, Add or Remove Programs).Important: Some malware camouflages itself as ThirdPartyAppMgr.exe, particularly when located in the c:\windows or c:\windows\system32 folder. Therefore, you should check the ThirdPartyAppMgr.exe process on your PC to see if it is a threat. We recommend Security Task Manager for verifying your computer's security. This was one of the Top Download Picks of The Washington Post and PC World.

It is part of Sony SmartWi Connection Utility. Since a.) you do own a Sony laptop and b.) it does connect to smart Wi-Fi, and so seems to do the right things, I wouldn't worry about it.

what im afraid of is that it takes up a crap load of my Mem Usage.. As for BK_123 post, i might just try and scan if anything is affected. Cuz it seems like my whole laptop is completely slow like, it just freezes for like 10-15 mins comes back to regular state.. i do something else, and it freezes again.. for a certain amount of time.. and wait til it comes back to normal state. I have also closed every other programs I dont use at all as well.

I don't have a Sony laptop with me any more, but if you are keen to stop ThirdPartyAppMgr.exe, perhaps you could try stopping smart Wi-Fi related services from running at start up. You shouldn't see ThirdPartyAppMgr.exe at work if you do this.

Back
Top Bottom