Is there a way to require a password to use my laptop with Windows 2000?

mrchainsaw

Baseband Member
Other people around my house won't stop using my laptop when I'm gone so I'm looking to see if it's possible for it to require a password to start it. Is there any way? If so, will it be easy to change it back to how it is now?

I tried that but when I tested it by shutting my laptop down and restarting it, it didn't ask for a password. Nothing changed. I think it might have something to do with me buying my laptop used. The business probably did some stuff with the users and whatnot.

Any additional software installed on the thing? There are some programs that overwrite user changes.

just set a bios password...that way nobody can even boot your computer without a password.

And it might have deep freeze on it. Does it save any files that you download...or does it save any changes that you make at all?

just set a bios password...that way nobody can even boot your computer without a password.

And it might have deep freeze on it. Does it save any files that you download...or does it save any changes that you make at all?
Only if I tell it to.

Back
Top Bottom