Starting on Linux?

Toxicwboy

Baseband Member
Alright, i've heard sooooooo much about linux and i've finally switched butttt i have no idea how to get started. (i know how to install and have already)

I'm wanted to learn PERL and Python programing and get hardcore into system administrating.

Is there anyone that can set me up with a few good links of ebook names that i can download so i can get on my way because i am clueless.

PS.(running on fedora)

Python and Perl are free programming languages, and you can simply type in those names into Google, and get a whole list of sites that offer tutorials, and such. It may have even come with your distro. Switching to Linux is a big step, but well worth it in the end. You start to appreciate the simplicity of Windows, and wonder how you were ever confused by something so simple....
I'm thinking of trying to learn Perl myself, Python later- one thing at a time! lol
Good luck.

i suggest getting The Linux Cookbook 2nd Edition, i just got it and it helped me a lot. also you should try linuxforums.org, they have forums focused on evry major distro. gl.

Back
Top Bottom