sound stopped working, tried everything i can think of.

gbux512

Solid State Member
So, I have a sound blaster x-fi titanium HD on an ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE motherboard. Today the sound just stopped working out of my sound system that is hooked up through the optical output on the card. I have uninstalled and re installed the latest drivers from creatives website. I have changed the PCI slot the card is in. I switched the optical current input on the stereo system to the other one on the device as well as verified the stereo still works by hooking up my phone to the auxiliary slot and playing music through them. I uninstalled the device from the device manager. restarted, and had it re install along with re installing the drivers. I plugged my ear buds into the headphone slot in the back of the sound card, and those work. the optical output seems clean. i tried a second optical cable, though I am not sure of how good it is. I don't know what else to try. it looks like Ill be using my earbuds tonight.

I tried onboard sound, and that works. it seems the optical output is either dirty or non functional, unless there is something else i am missing

Last edited:
is there like any software specific that it came with? do you have it installed or do you just have the drivers installed?

Dunno if this is gonna help, right click on the speaker's icon on the toolbar, choose playback devices and change the default device from Speakers (Sound Blaster x-fi) to Digital Audio (S/PDIF) (Sound Blaster x-fi).

My SB is ZxR so I just assumed the namings and number of devices. Try different possible devices related to SB.

Back
Top Bottom