Sony Boot Menu?

It can go several ways if there's no setting for it.
HD then CD
or
CD then HD
Normally it will check for a bootable disc in the optical drive. If there's one in there it should try that first.
Having said that have you looked at all the submenus in the bios?

I never used this bios before and I'm confused on what to do

Attachments

• image-328406917.jpg
    image-328406917.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 3
Just like it sits should work provided there is nothing wrong with the optical drive. On all my rigs and laptops I make the optical drive the primary boot device. It adds a second or two to the boot time while it checks.

Nothing... The computer should work with it and I can't format the drive cuz I'm locked out of windows

Attachments

• image-3179341688.jpg
    image-3179341688.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 1
  • image-507120346.jpg
    image-507120346.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 2
Window has a self preservation thing going on. You can not format the drive if the operating system is running. You have to use an outside program to format the drive. The OS disc, hard drive maker's software, or a Linux distro disc. Windows will not self terminate. Like the Terminator, it has to have some thing else wipe it out.

If the optical drive is not working only other way is to make a bootable USB stick. But then you're going to have to have a working optical drive to get windows back on it. You can put a Linux distro on it from a USB thumb drive.

If you plan on formatting the drive to re-install your OS then when you installing your OS it should give you the option to quickly format the drive then..

Back
Top Bottom