Software for disk copying

bluenose1940

In Runtime
I want to copy some of my CD's on to a USB stick for use in my car.

Can anyone recommend some good software to achieve this please.

Depending on the disk, IF the format of the music on the disk is .Mp3, than all you do is this: Put the disk in the computer -> Go to "My computer " from the start menu -> right click on the disk you inserted, " open folder to view files " from the drop down menu -> Drag and drop the selected music to your USB device.

OR:

Insert disk, open Windows media player, go to the library where all the music on the disk is, and drag all the selected tracks onto the USB.

Of course, Before anything plug in the USB first :lol:

This is generally how I do it. Another way to also accomplish this is, once in Windows media player, go to the SYNC menu, and have your USB stick selected, and then you can select the tracks from the library and sync them to the USB too.

You could also use Itunes and it will convert your CD music that's on the disc to MP3 files.Then all you have to do is take the MP3 files from the folder it made and drag them over to the USB device.

That is how I transfered music from CD's to my Ipod.

You could also use Itunes and it will convert your CD music that's on the disc to MP3 files.Then all you have to do is take the MP3 files from the folder it made and drag them over to the USB device.

That is how I transfered music from CD's to my Ipod.

You can also get very simple conversion programs, that you can convert 10files at once from any format to any format. But I believe he simply wants to use a USB stick, so itunes wouldn't go too well lol.

After all he is just tranfering over MP3's to the USB so Itunes would work.

Anyways, it's up to him as to what method he wants to choose. :)

Thanks for all your replies folks. I'm going to be having a go at it all today. One question though, how do I know if a disk/track is MP3?

Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom