Screwed up latop, need urgent advice! please!

matt_999

BSOD
ok this is possibly the stupidist thing that has ever happened with xp, i cannot right click without my laptop freezing, im going to do a clean install, im going to copy all files that i need e.g. work and music to my second computer on my network. Is there anything that i need to be areful of im using the xp cd to format and re-install xp? then will i just need to re-run the network wizard?

Need help please! thanku!

matt

Nope should be easy to do, I've done it plenty of times myself. :) Yes you will have to run the setup wizard again.

When you get your PC up and running get a decent firewall, anti virus software, spyware progs, cleaners etc and keep it immaculate.

thanx 4 ur advice, ive done my clean install, and it ran the network wizaqrd for me whilst installing, which was pretty cool! im guna keep it sweet now!

just 1 last problem, when i re-installed xp, it added another xp, now i have 2. when i turn my laptop on i have to choose which windows xp i want? any ideas how this can be solved? cud it be that 1 has sp1 and the other sp2?

regards
matt

Did you want 2 operating systems installing? If not, go back and wipe everything by formatting your HD, then partition it.

i didnt want 2 operating systems, they are both the same! both windows xp home edition. i onkly want the one. any ideas?

reagards
matt

When you booted from your XP disk, you were prompted with options, you must of chosen to keep your existing partition, and installed another copy of XP on the free space. Go through it again and delete the partitions, and format it, then install it. :)

is that the only way of doing it? thanku very much for your help cam, i also answered ur question about ur screen!

matt

There's other ways through DOS, but that's the easiest.

I ain't got an ATI graphics card but thanks anyway. ;)

Back
Top Bottom