Remote Desktop Connection

cnbhold

Solid State Member
I'm unable to connect to my Vista desktop using Remote Desktop Connection from my XP desktop but I can use Remote Desktop Connection to connect to my work XP Laptop which part of a domain and not a workgroup. I can use the Remote Desktop Connection to connect from my Vista desktop to the XP desktop. Also on the XP desktop, I can use the Start, Run command and type in the Vista computer name and view all the shared folders and actually open them. I'm also able to use the Start, Run command on the Vista desktop to access shared resources on the XP desktop as well. Both computers are part of the same workgroup (MSHOME) and both logins are password protected. I've also disabled the Internet Protocol Version 6 on the Vista PC. I've also reran the Networking Wizard on the XP Desktop. Not sure what else to do to be able to use the Remote Desktop Connection to log onto the Vista PC. :confused:

A. Russell

Go into your firewall settings on the vista computer. There is I believe like an advanced tab where it list a bunch of programs. Check the box next to remote desktop and give that a try, that will create an exception and allow remote desktop through the firewall. I don't have vista in front of me or I'd be more specific, hope that helps.

Actually, if it's like XP, the tab is called exceptions.

Back
Top Bottom