recovery disc

humph1

Beta member
hi i have a hp pavilion pc and i have just done a recovery disc.
is it posible to put all windows operating system onto discs or will recovery disc be enough if the operating system gets trashed by virus.
thanks in advance

Depends on what sort of recovery system it is; if it backs up just your OS HDD or everything including all HDDs/partitions. Some recovery discs simply copy data from a hidden partition on your main HDD, and allow you to recover your OS as the day you bought the computer, so it could also be that sort of system. You'll wanna refer to the manual for your PC, or the recovery software's website for that sort of info that I should imagine be quick and easy. G'luck.

The HP recovery disc will restore your machine to factory condition; which means any personal data, settings, or programs you may have installed after you bought your computer will not be contained on those recovery discs.

I recommend generating a separate backup disc with all your personal data on it; you should make a backup disc like that at least once a month, and back up any critical data even more often.

You should also make sure you have copies of that back-up data in separate locations (say, a copy at the office as well as at home), in case something catastrophic occurs at the locatin of your primary backup.

Back
Top Bottom