Problem starting windows xp

Daviss

Baseband Member
Hello. I have a problem with my laptop.
My brother was playing NBA 2007 and it hung up and he turned it off. Now when i start the laptop it asks to run normal or safemode.
When i select normal, it goes to the loading screen and then for like half a second shows some blue error screen and restarts immediately.
When i run safemode it starts showing many lines of text eich go something like scsi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1). And then nothing happens.
When i insert the windows disc and boot it, hangs up on the scsi scan right after i press set up windows or repair.

when starting windows, keep pressing F8 before the boot screen then turn off the Automatic restart and the blue screen should show up, write down the error message and put it here

Yeah, if you can get the more detailed error message that would help. Sounds like some nasty disk problem.

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

I did some reading on the net and it seems this problem was caused by NBA 2007. People usually get this from games or some other software. And some people are saying that its beacause the PC overheated and changing the cooler has done the trick for them. For me this is with a laptop and i dont know anything about laptop hardware.

put in your windows disk and go into setup, at the first screen hit r to go into recovery console and select your os.
after selecting that and putting in your pw(if needed) type
chkdsk /r
if its still not working after that go into setup and run a repair install. between the two of them it should fix your problem. :)

When i insert the windows disc and then press r or enter, it hangs up on the hdd scan.. the text was Examining "xxx" MB Disk 0 at Id 0 on bus 0 on "something" ...

Is there a stop code to go with that error? If there is can ya post it up? Cheers

Back
Top Bottom