Problem Installing XP

shroom239

Beta member
I am having a serious problem installing XP on my new machine. It is a Dell 1555 notebook with 4gig of RAM, Intel Core Duo P8700, ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570, and if other information is needed to diagnose please let me know. It came standard with Windows 7 and I want to install XP as the only OS on this machine. I was able to install a x32 XP pro on here but when it was loading its first boot up, where I would be putting in my user name and other info things would go wrong. It would get to the splash screen right before I WOULD do that and then reboot. It would continue to do so in a continous loop until I just powered it off. Now When I try to install my x64 copy of XP pro I flat out will not install. It loads the drivers and before it goes to the install part it gives me the following blue screen message...

Technicalinformation:

*** STOP: 0x0000007B (0xFFFFFADF918323C0, 0xFFFFFFFFC0000034, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000)

Needless to say it says allot more than that but that is the meat of the matter in my opinion. So does anyone have any ideas, suggestions or anything to resolve this issue? Because I really want to go back to XP for the reason of I dont want 7 on a system I will use on a daily bases. If I have to use it thats fine, but I can not use it on a daily bases and enjoy my computing experance. If any other information is needed to sole this I will give it to you but I dont know what else I can really mention.

In order to Install Win XP,you must first go into your System BIOS and see if there's some options for SATA such as Native SATA or AHCI. If so, disable them and then try to install XP.

The BSOD screen is the result a of sata/raid issue with XP. So disabling AHCI in your BIOS will get rid od the BSOD.

Worked for me AND I had Windows 7 Installed.

Back
Top Bottom