Port forwardin help.?

Robbieskywalker

Baseband Member
I don't know if this is the place for this, but I guess I'll say it anyway?
Robbieskywalker said:
Hi everyone! I need some help! I am trying to set up a minecraft server, and I port forwarded correctly and everything but it won't work! I've got the right ip, from ipchicken , started the server and tried to.connect but it doesnt work... I have a new dlink router, I use to. Have a net gear and it worked fine on there so it has something to do with my router.... Please help! (sorry for the weird spacing Im on my iPad)

Is the Netgear still available? If so, try swapping back to it and see if it starts working.

I'm also wondering if maybe the Dlink is just giving the machine you are using as a server a different _internal_ IP address (probably a 192.168.0.x address) then your Netgear was giving it. It may be that you are properly forwarding the right port to the wrong internal IP.

Oh, one other thing...your external IP may have changed when you swapped the netgear to the dlink. Just wanted to verify that you got that address from ipchicken after the dlink went in. (I'd never heard of ipchicken before...always use whatismyip.com myself.)

Back
Top Bottom