Poll : Do You Backup Your PC Regullary?

JCB1

Daemon Poster
I was wondering if people backup the data on there machines??

Personally I have bought an external USB drive and I use robocopy to mirror certain folders on my computer. Do you backup your PC?? If yes how often ?

I have a data partition on each machine as well as a 1TB external that I back everything up on. I usually go through and sort files once a month.

I have a 2 HDDs in my system, 1 for the OS and another for data. I keep an image of the OS disk and re-image approximately every other month. The data disk get backed up every week. I've been burned in the past by not having frequent enough data backups. However, it really depends on how much data you generate and how important it is to you.

I Have an HP RECOVERY Partition on my HDD that will restore all of my files so no need!

No... That'll delete all of your files and reinstall windows. It's essentially your windows disk on a hard drive partition.

I back mine up every day with the help of Windows Home Server.

Ever since I lost all of my business's data years ago, I backup at least weekly. I backed up last night because of the work I did on my computer. I have two external hard drives and I use those regularly. I found an external drive - 1.5 T at Wal-Mart a couple weeks ago for $60! The model was leftover from Christmas 2010 - they had two of them - I'm kicking myself that I didn't get the other one!

Back
Top Bottom