Please Someone Help Me...my Computer

iGotProGrams

Solid State Member
FOR SOME REASON I ONLY HAVE 956MB LEFT..ON MY COMPUTER..
i need to clean up my computer really bad i just downloaded photoshop cs3 and its killing me..please some help

I NEED A DEEP CLEAN

i have windows xp

my computer says is has 1,007mb 5% free space left..

I NEED A DEEP CLEAN..LIKE ASAP...

i dont remember...when the last time i reinstalled windows xp
and were do i find out how big my hard drive is

i have used the STICKY
<CLEAN HOUSE>
didnt really work for me..can someone help me
i dont want to reboot my computer and lose everything..maybe i just might have to..someone cmon help me

You know, if you didn't PIRATE the programs and buy them like you are supposed to, maybe you wouldn't be having this problem. Often times, pirated software are bigger than they are orginally (thats because people like to dump hidden viruses and spyware onto it).

Go through your computer, find the programs you hardly use anymore (which I believe there are many), and dump them. You have no idea how much space that'll give back to you.

Also, I recommend defragging the computer as well as running anti-spyware and anti-virus software at least 3 or 4 times each.

EDIT: Also, go to START, RUN, and type in %temp%. Hit enter, and kill everything on that folder that comes up. If it will not delete, leave it there, sooner or later you'll be able to. Make sure, after you are done, to right click the recycle bin, and empty it. Otherwise deleting them out of the temp folder won't do you any good.

EDIT 2:
i dont want to reboot my computer and lose everything..maybe i just might have to..someone cmon help me

You shouldn't lose anything when you reboot the computer. Sure it'll be slow as hell when it boots back up because of the overloaded hard drive, but you shouldn't be losing anything.

CCleaner does some pretty good wonders, at least for me it does. It's a free download, but from the sound of it...you have some things on there, it won't take care of.

1.How big is your hardrive.
2. Do a Defrag.
3.Delted cookies folder Start-Run-Cookies
4.Get rid of silly programmes that you dont use.
5.Do a disk clean up.
Are you on a partion

^^unless he has like 4gb hard drive, he isn't going to be able to defrag with the windows defrag program. Not enough free space. On top of that defrag doesn't free up space which is what he wants.

You pretty much have 2 choices.
1.Delete some stuff off your computer to make room.
2.Get another hard drive.

I mean seriously, you can magically make your hard drive bigger. I would highly recommend buying an extra drive for storage, you won't regret it.

Back
Top Bottom