Performance Issue

adib1

Beta member
Hi guys I have Problem with my Windows 7..
Somethimes it gets slow and i don't know why because my drives are always defragmented and windows and registery are scheduly cleaned and optimized.
and whenever it become slow i check the free cache of CPU and RAM .. they are aslo even lower than half.

what is the problem do you think?
My System Is a Laptop
Core i5 2.5 Ghz
4gb ram

Hi adib

Do you use any system cleaners ? ... (eg) CCleaner

also try >

1 Click your start button on your desktop (bottom right)

2 In search type cmd , this will bring up your jump list and you will see the black cmd Icon right click on it and in the drop down menu click (run as administrator)

3 In the black cmd (command prompt) window type cleanmgr/sagerun:1 and press Enter/Return on your Keyboard, the cleaning process will run.

4 After the process has run (a matter of seconds) in the cmd window type exit and press Enter/Return, the cmd window will close and your OS has been cleaned.

Thank You. yes i use Programs such as TuneUP Utilities to clean and optimize.
I've done what you said about Cleanmgr/sagerun.
what else can i do for make it better?

I used to use Tune Up Utilities on my old Windows 7 environment however found that it was chewing up my memory. Double check for me, how much memory is it using when its running (even if its only running in the background processes).

You could look in your Task Manager and see how many Processes you have running, these can be edited via msconfig, the less you have running the better your system will perform babes.

my system's free memory and cpu are always below 50% but i don't know why it get's slow

I used to use Tune Up Utilities on my old Windows 7 environment however found that it was chewing up my memory. Double check for me, how much memory is it using when its running (even if its only running in the background processes).

it's about 2,624K for user and 16,904K for system.
not much!

It really depends on what you do with your computer as to what's going on. Some programs do a lot of background chores leading to a little bogging down of the system.
If you have toolbars that go out and find things like the weather, that ties up resources that might be needed elsewhere.
If you use online chat services like yahoo or MSN, and leave them turned on and logged in then that too will use up resources.
If you have programs that start up when the computer starts up add that to the list. Those are sitting in a standby mode burning up resources.
If you use a resource hungry anti virus program like Norton, you need to ditch that POS and find something else that is not so resource intensive like maybe ESET's NOD32.

And finally some out of mainstream cleaner and defragger programs have hidden assets that phone home or are just poorly written and don't do what they are intended to do correctly.

Seti's toolbox is what I use and a lot of the members here also. I've used every one of those products and don't take recommending them lightly. http://www.computerforums.org/forums/cyber-safety-computer-security/pc-cleanup-toolbox-219988.html

You need to take a hard look at how you use your computer.

Hi guys I have Problem with my Windows 7..
Somethimes it gets slow and i don't know why because my drives are always defragmented and windows and registery are scheduly cleaned and optimized.
and whenever it become slow i check the free cache of CPU and RAM .. they are aslo even lower than half.

what is the problem do you think?
My System Is a Laptop
Core i5 2.5 Ghz
4gb ram

download seatools and run all the tests on your hdd, bad hdd can cause it to studder and freeze

download memtest 86 and boot a cd, run it and see if any tests pop up relating to your ram.

It could also be your cooling system is clogged, heating up, and the processor downclocking to avoid frying, clean it out with some compressed air.

final question i shouldnt be asking this, do you have any antivirus?

Back
Top Bottom