Office 2007 Installation problem (Win 7 x64)

ATPoseidon

Beta member
Hey everyone.
I have a issue with installing MS Office 2007 on my Toshiba Satellite T135D. It has Windows 7 x64.
Halfway through the installation, it just stops and says "MS Office encountered a problem". No issue number, no nothing.
I read microsoft's help article on the issue, and it says it's because it can't remove an old version of Office. Well there was a trial version pre-installed on the laptop, but I removed it using Your Uninstaller. I thought "OK maybe something went wrong", so i still followed the steps given in the article to manually "rip out" every trace of previous Office installs. Well it didn't work. Then i found a script on a forum that does all that automatically. Didn't help me.
Next I started reading different forums and tried all of these suggestions:
Uninstall CCleaner
Stop Anti-Virus program or other software with active protection
Change the default TEMP and TMP folders
Check the service for Windows Installer
Re-register Windows Installer (I haven't tried updating it, as Windows Update usually does that)
Install .NET Framework 3.5 (Well Windows Update does that again, and i didn't find a manual package)
None of these helped. I tried installing both Enterprise and Professional editions, but both give the same error.

If anyone has any suggestion, you're welcome.
Thanks in advance.

did you try the microsoft cleanup uninstaller??

I bet theres a registry key you need to delete, make sure there are no office2007 keys under current user / local machine / software / microsoft. Then run setup again, if you get the error again download and run a program called regmon. This will monitor the registry for reg keys are being access, then delete everyhitng office 2007 related

WARNING, Messing with the registry can do some serious harm to your computer, we at CF can not be held responsible

Yes I tried the MS Cleanup, but there were no Office mentions there.
I downloaded Regmon (now replaced by Process Monitor) and managed to track down the last 4 entries setup.exe made (i followed MSIExec too, but setup.exe made the last entries before the crash). Here's a screen, cause i have no idea what's going on in there:

Back
Top Bottom