ntldr is missing

rushton

Beta member
I am (was) using windows xp pro but I have a problem that nobodyseems to know the answer too ?.
I have a amd 2400+ proccesor and an asus A7 motherboard, when i start up I am getting the start up screen for the motherboard (which is normal) giving the option to enter the bios (del) just after this the screen freezes and i get the message that "ntldr is missing". If I enter the bios at the startup, I can acess the bios ok and change the first boot to cd rom, after I try and start up again from cd boot I am still getting the message " ntldr is missing " and no matter what I do I cannot get any further. looking on google for NTLDR it seems to say that this is a windows NT problem, but I have never had NT/98/95 on this computer.
Any brains out there know the answer ???

NTLDR is the Windows Bootloader, as far as I know, it's part of all the Windows OSes. You could grab an XP bootdisk from bootdisk.org and see if you can get the system to boot to that. If NTLDR is missing, it's most likely a hard drive problem.

I had the same problem before. When I tried turning on my computer, it said the same thing. When I opened my case, I realized one of my hard drive cables weren't fully plugged in… You might want to check that

Ah yes what a wonderful venture that was.........I had my friend uninstall my hard drive and reinstall it and loaded windows onto it like new.

Back
Top Bottom