New member question concerning internet

RANDY1

Beta member
Hello, I am probably a nurd if that is a correct name in computers, my problem is that my internet page when I click on internet explorer has completely changed as of yesterday. I h ave Norton 360 as my protection and for the last week 5 updates have put my computer in harms way which I was not aware of since it was supposed to do this automatically. I tried to go back to an earlier date and restore it but when I do, and yes it fixes the Internet page, but the Norton 360 updates are then back to red, even after updating them, however when I then update my Norton 360 again it then changes my internet home page again. Don't know how to change my home page anymore. I use AT &T as my carrier, don't know if you understand what I'm talking about but when your used to seeing a particular page when you get on line and then it's 100% different it is a real pain in the arsss. Thanks

Try Paragraphs. People don't generally read walls of text.

First thing I would recommend is to turn off Norton's. Download and install Microsoft Security Essentials, and run a full scan of your machine.

If MSE runs and finds no problems, then you likely don't have a malware issue.

You don't say what your regular home page was nor what it has been changed to. That might have given me a better understanding of what your issue is.

You can normally change your home page (the page your browser starts up with) by going into Internet Properties and selecting the URL address of the page you want to see as home.

You might want to look into an Introduction to Computers course in your area, too.

Thanks for the reply and sorry for writing all in one lump.

My home page had my view favorites on the upper left hand side of page under all the other web brousers.

My web brousers are Norton, AT & T/ Yahoo, and Google. Also my Internet explorer bar was across the hole to of my computer screen and now it is on the upper left hand side with my tabs to the right.

My tabs were Yahoo and Toshiba pages, these were at one time on top of the main viewing screen so I could easily go back and forth from either one. Now I don't have them and it is at the top of the page.

I'm not sure what happened to the internet it is very confusing, I left it on a day or so and stepped away from the computer for an hour or so and that is when I noticed that the Norton Virus PC Security Details had 5 items in the red where they hadn't been updated, this is when I noticed that my main page when I go on the internet had changed.

I was told by the guy at Office Depot that the Norton 360 would do it's on updates without me having to do it, I'm thinking I will from now on keep a better eye on the subject matter for my own well being.

Thanks for the reply.

If I understood right, you had IE in full screen mode. If that's the case, hit F11 while browsing to toggle from full-screen to windowed.

Back
Top Bottom